Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 10-17-2011, 10:20 PM   #1
Charliebee
Charliebee began at the beginning.

Device: chinese 7" android
another newbie

Hi all, I'm new to the forum and using Calibre with my chinese android tablet. Trying to convert web pages to epubs and read them on it. Having a problem with viewing the epub once I've created it. Can only see first and last pages of the epub I created.
Before I give the process, I have searched for the problem but there are over 10 pages of results and it doesn't look like the search function is any better than google at parsing search terms.
Process:
viewed source of web page
saved source to my hard drive as html
opened the html file in calibre
convert the book to epub format
load the epub onto my MID
Using the built in ebook reader open the epub.
Can read the first page and then the last page
Any suggestions as to what I've done wrong are greatly appreciated.

CB
Charliebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 01:27 AM   #2
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Welcome to MR!

Imogen
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2011, 08:35 AM   #3
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Welcome to Mobileread!

calibre creator, Kovid Goyal, is extremely responsive in the calibre forums , as are all the calibre developers! If you haven't already, visiting there would provide some assistance.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 09:13 AM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi CB and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 08:47 AM   #5
Charliebee
Charliebee began at the beginning.

Device: chinese 7" android
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnerp245 View Post
Welcome to Mobileread!

calibre creator, Kovid Goyal, is extremely responsive in the calibre forums , as are all the calibre developers! If you haven't already, visiting there would provide some assistance.
Turns out the issue isn't Calibre or anything to do with my ereader. The body of the page is just one long string of text with <br><br> breaks instead of <p> breaks. My ereader just sees it as one page. So now I have to go in and reformat the html so there are actual line breaks at the end of each paragraph.
Thanks for the suggestion though
cb
Charliebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert