Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 10-13-2011, 01:40 PM   #1
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
Formatting on Nook Color...HELP.

I'm putting together my EPUB and looking at it on the Nook Color stock reader. There is a hyphenated line break almost every line, even when the word is 18 characters long, and the hyphen break occurs 2 characters in.

Is this something I have zero control over, or is it a Nook setting that can be tweaked, or is this something I've done in my CSS?

Code:
.regular {
    margin-top: 10pt;
    margin-bottom: 10pt;
    margin-left: 0;
    margin-right: 0;
    padding-top: 0;
    padding-bottom: 0;
    padding-left: 0;
    padding-right: 0;
    text-align: justify;
    text-justify: auto;
    text-indent: 15pt;
    widows: 2
    orphans: 2;
    line-height:120%;
    }
I'll start experimenting, but any help in advance would be greatly appreciated.
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 03:58 PM   #2
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you to the moderators for the move. Can't believe I forgot about the epub forum. Sorry about that.
Old 10-13-2011, 04:08 PM   #3
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies

Also, neither this:

Code:
body {
    adobe-text-layout: optimizeSpeed;
}

.regular {
    }
nor this:

Code:
body {
    adobe-hyphenate: none;
}

.regular {
    }
...work. Neither seems to fix the problem.

Last edited by anamardoll; 10-13-2011 at 04:14 PM.
Old 10-14-2011, 05:14 AM   #4
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
There is a hyphens property in CSS3, you could try "hyphens: none", but I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't work.

Also, try adding the properties not to the bare "body", but to something with higher priority (as we don't know what's the "default CSS" being used):

html body
body.text (and use <body class="text">)
.regular or whatever element or class you use in your text

Last edited by Jellby; 10-14-2011 at 02:23 PM.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote