Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 10-02-2011, 04:23 PM   #1
Fledchen
Guru
Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.

Device: PB360+, Sony950, VR Stream, iPod Touch, iPad
Ignored user still displays signature

I used the "ignore user" feature to filter out the posts of someone whose conduct I found offensive. Unfortunately the user's signature, which I also find offensive, is still displayed. Would it be possible to change the "ignore user" feature to block signatures and avatars?

I would like to be able to use MobileRead to share information about ebook devices without having my nose shoved in political petty bickering.
Fledchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 04:34 PM   #2
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
In your Control Panel under "Edit Options" you can click/unclick "Show Signatures" and "Show Avatars" but I guess this change will then apply to all members and not just only to the ignored one.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2011, 04:38 PM   #3
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
If it really is offensive, why not talk to a mod about it?
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:30 PM   #4
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
In your Control Panel under "Edit Options" you can click/unclick "Show Signatures" and "Show Avatars" but I guess this change will then apply to all members and not just only to the ignored one.
Frankly, I agree. Ignore user shouldn't show you their Avatar, their Signature, nothing but a blank placeholder for the message with something simple like "ignored message" in it.

The problem with changing show signatures and show avatars is that it's global. And that isn't going to work here.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote