Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-30-2011, 04:00 AM   #1
Benjamin Buford
Nameless Being

Arrow When, where, and in which position do you read?

When? One or two hours before finally sleeping.

Where? In bed.

How? I lie on my back and hold my KT up with one or both hands. Something I never did with paperback books because it was too inconvenient for turning pages or the book flipping shut! Sometimes I still lie on my side, but that got sort of rare.

Actually, sometimes I do wonder if that much wider bezel of the B&N Nook Touch wouldn't be easier to grab, especially when holding it with one hand. There are several strong reasons why I prefer the Kobo Touch over the Nook Touch, but a wider bezel would be better to hold, although a thin bezel looks way better, I think.
Old 09-30-2011, 04:29 AM   #2
danskmacabre
Guru
danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo. Galaxy Tab S 8.4
Lol I must resist the urge to hijack this thread and send it in a direction that was never intended!...
Anyway,

When?1: Lunchtime, 2: After Evening meal, 3: Bedtime.

Where?1: At my desk, 2: On the sofa or armchair, 3: in the bed.

Position? 1: Sitting in my workchair holding up with my hand, 2: more or less the same but in a sofa, 3: Laying back holding up with my hand over my eyes with the sidelamp on. I swap hands occasionally when the hand holding my KT gets tired.
danskmacabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2011, 05:45 AM   #3
Joybells
reddit, reddit, reddit
Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
i read on and off all day - on the loo, at cuppa time, when I need to sit down, and before sleeping.

I read on the patio, in front of the TV in the ad breaks, in the bathroom, in bed, the doctors waiting room, while travelling.

I sit it on my chubby tum, whether in bed or lounging in a chair. It's in a booklike case, so I hold the cover with the left hand, and change pages with my right thumb..
Joybells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 08:34 AM   #4
ekster
Currently without a title
ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Daily on my commute to work and back home. It's so much easier than having a real book on a bus. Can only use one hand, much smaller, no need to worry about keeping the page, or flipping pages... I've managed to go from a chapter a week, to about 100-200 pages a week.
ekster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 09:18 AM   #5
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I read any time, any where. My Kobo Touch travels with me; in the car it sits in in a small compartment on the drivers side door, so is handy for when we stop for errands.

It's great for coffee shops, snacks while out, all that type of thing.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2011, 09:23 AM   #6
Psyke
Evangelist
Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wi-Fi - Kobo Touch - GNex - N7
Quote:
Originally Posted by danskmacabre View Post
Lol I must resist the urge to hijack this thread and send it in a direction that was never intended!...
I saw the subject and thought the same thing lol

When? : 1-Lunchtime, 2-Bedtime
Where?: 1-under my reading tree, 2-in bed
Position?: 1-sitting leaning up against said tree, 2- Various, and depending on how much room I have.....
Psyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 11:05 AM   #7
kobokobe
I am what I am
kobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfolded

Location: An enormous, polar bear infested igloo that we call north of the 49.
Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch
lol you have a reading tree?
kobokobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 11:17 AM   #8
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
Standing in amusement park lines.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 11:47 AM   #9
anonymoose
bookaholic
anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura, Kobo Touch, Kobo app on iPhone
In bed and in the bathtub, with one hand until my hand cramps up.
anonymoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 11:58 AM   #10
Psyke
Evangelist
Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wi-Fi - Kobo Touch - GNex - N7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobokobe View Post
lol you have a reading tree?
but of course, doesn't everyone?
Psyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 12:02 PM   #11
ekster
Currently without a title
ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyke View Post
but of course, doesn't everyone?

I used to have one, but then I moved away.

Now I have a waterfront park with about 400 reading trees.
But, as nice as it is, it's simply not the same as having that one special little tree. Plus I have to share these 400 trees with others, so I can't always pick the same one either...
ekster is offline   Reply With Quote