Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 09-20-2011, 09:50 PM   #1
ripterr
ripterr began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
Help with app installation issue

Hello all...I have searched though the forum but didn't see an answer to my problem, so am asking for help if anyone has a suggestion.
I have been using my Pocket Edge for >1 year. I purchased a backup PE last week and am setting it up similar to my original.The new unit has been updated to Ermine, and I am allowing 3d party app installation.
When I try to install one of may favorite note-taking apps, Draw and Share, I get the installation dialog, then a message "application not installed."
It is the same apk I have installed on the original PE. Have tried re-naming the file without success.
Any suggestions?

Thanks much!
ripterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 10:01 PM   #2
ptsenter
Addict
ptsenter has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kobo eReader Wireless
Quote:
Originally Posted by ripterr View Post
Hello all...I have searched though the forum but didn't see an answer to my problem, so am asking for help if anyone has a suggestion.
I have been using my Pocket Edge for >1 year. I purchased a backup PE last week and am setting it up similar to my original.The new unit has been updated to Ermine, and I am allowing 3d party app installation.
When I try to install one of may favorite note-taking apps, Draw and Share, I get the installation dialog, then a message "application not installed."
It is the same apk I have installed on the original PE. Have tried re-naming the file without success.
Any suggestions?

Thanks much!
If you want to know "why" - get logcat: search my posts for "logcat" how to get one.
Are you sure you're trying to install "exactly" the same one and not newer version?
Try to pull the app from your old device and install that copy.
ptsenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2011, 10:27 PM   #3
ripterr

Thanks for your response ptsenter....just to make sure, I used apkshare to backup the original apk and attempted to install with the same failure message.
The logcat process may be a bit out of my capabilities, but I will give it a shot.
Old 09-20-2011, 11:00 PM   #4
ptsenter
Addict
ptsenter has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kobo eReader Wireless
Ok, you have "preferExternal" issue (search my posts for that). Likely scenario: you installed the app before upgrading to 2.2 as 1.6 is immune to that issue.
ptsenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 11:29 PM   #5
ripterr

Sounds right....since I knew the device I upgrade to Ermine right out of the box.
I am reverting to Dingo now and will reinstall the app, then upgrade again. I use the app too much to go without it!
Thanks for pointing out a most obvious answer!
Advert
Old 09-21-2011, 03:23 AM   #6
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
. . . I'll bet that's why I could never install one of my favorite games on my straight-to-Ermine EE from the backup I made from my long-time-in-Dingo PE.

By the way, welcome to MobileRead, ripterr!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 07:16 AM   #7
ripterr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filark View Post
By the way, welcome to MobileRead, ripterr!
Thanks,....
And the app installed once I downgraded to Dingo. I then re-installed all of my other favorites just to make sure there would be no more issues, then upgraded o Ermine. Oh what a fickle little device, but I love it!