Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-20-2011, 08:53 PM   #1
Harry_Y
Addict
Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle DX, Galaxy Tab 2
My Kindle just updated to 3.3

My Kindle 3g (non-AD version) just updated to ver 3.3

Does anyone know what the changes are?

Thank you
Harry_Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 09:09 PM   #2
stickybuns
Evangelist
stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Paperwhite 2
Interesting! Have you noticed any differences?
stickybuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2011, 09:14 PM   #3
Harry_Y
Addict
Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Not yet I was sitting here and noticed my kindle rebooting
when it came back up it was v3.3 my wifes is still at 3.1
Old 09-20-2011, 09:16 PM   #4
stickybuns
Evangelist
stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I checked Amazon's website but didn't see any mention of an update be rolled out. If everything looks the same, maybe it's just a debugging/stability update?
Old 09-20-2011, 09:19 PM   #5
Harry_Y
Addict

or getting ready for the library rollout
Advert
Old 09-20-2011, 09:24 PM   #6
stickybuns
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry_Y View Post
or getting ready for the library rollout
Didn't tubemonkey say that s/he was able to download books from his/her library? I wonder what version s/he is using.
Old 09-20-2011, 09:32 PM   #7
mtsp
Enthusiast
mtsp began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 3G
Will my version get bumped automatically to 3.3?
Should I uninstall my hacks?
mtsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 10:54 PM   #8
andrys
Explorer
andrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Kindles,SurfacePro2,NookColor,Pocket Edge,Samsung 10.1 Tab,S2 phone
I wrote about an earlier upgrade, in Seattle, at
http://kindleworld.blogspot.com/2011...rsion-was.html

I see that some are able to access books in NY and Boston and I think I read on these forums last night that this was working in cities other than Seattle (as a quiet beta).

Interesting how subdued this is, but they have to test for reliability, and so far most seem to have good experiences but there are occasional glitches with subsequent download of another book, from what I saw.

- Andrys
andrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 12:23 AM   #9
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by stickybuns View Post
Didn't tubemonkey say that s/he was able to download books from his/her library? I wonder what version s/he is using.
I'm a he monkey and I'm running v3.3 on my KSO WiFi.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 01:29 AM   #10
gagsays
gagsays can extract oil from cheesegagsays can extract oil from cheesegagsays can extract oil from cheesegagsays can extract oil from cheesegagsays can extract oil from cheesegagsays can extract oil from cheesegagsays can extract oil from cheesegagsays can extract oil from cheese

Device: kindle 3 wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtsp View Post
Will my version get bumped automatically to 3.3?
Should I uninstall my hacks?
Even i have same dilemma. I have installed jailbreak and screensaver hack and launchpad also.
Should i remove hacks before kindle update automatically, otherwise it might get bricked.
gagsays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 01:50 AM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The Boston Public Library does not have Kindle eBooks as far as I can see and I do have a library card for there.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 05:07 AM   #12
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
I'm still running 3.1 myself.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 07:07 AM   #13
LaoTseu
LaoTseu began at the beginning.

Device: Kindke
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
I'm still running 3.1 myself.
Same here and when I look on amazon site, they say it is the latest version. Do you guys with 3.3 use the Special Offer version of the Kindle 3?
LaoTseu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 07:16 AM   #14
Stingo
Fanatic
Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KH2O, KPW2, KDXG, KPW1, K3, S505
Can someone check if 3.3 will let you read e-pubs natively? Is the library lending epub based or mobi?
Stingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 08:30 AM   #15
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingo View Post
Can someone check if 3.3 will let you read e-pubs natively? Is the library lending epub based or mobi?
I'm running v3.3 on a KSO WiFi. I've downloaded several Kindle books from the Seattle Public Library. They're Kindle books, not EPUB; and Amazon fulfills the order, not ADE.

Checking Out a Book
  • go to your library's OverDrive page and login
  • search for the book you want
  • select Kindle Book
  • click Add to Cart
  • click Proceed to Checkout
  • select lending period (7-14-21 days)
  • click Confirm Check Out
  • click Get for Kindle
  • that launches an Amazon page - Your Public Library Loan
  • select Deliver to option
  • click Get library book
The book is then sent to your Kindle or Kindle app and downloads the next time you connect it to wifi.

Returning a Book
  • login to your Amazon account
  • go to Your Account
  • scroll down to Digital Content
  • click Manage Your Kindle
  • Your Kindle Library pops up
  • checked out books have a bold, orange public library after the title
  • find the book you want and click on the Actions box to the far right
  • select Return this book
  • Are you sure you want to return this Library Loan Ebook? Yes--No

Last edited by tubemonkey; 09-21-2011 at 12:09 PM.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote