Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 10-12-2007, 04:06 PM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
iRex displays iLiad 2nd ed. at Frankfurt Book Fair

The friendly folks over at the iRex booth had their iLiad 2nd edition on display. I admit I am a devoted Sony Reader user; but, this is the first time I've seen the iLiad at first hand, and what I've seen knocked me dead. The screen is wonderfully bright and, no question here, it's big! Instant gratification. Yes, two more inch can make a difference especially if you intent to display complicated layouts on your e-book reader. My only gripe is still the bit of a steep price (US $699).

I chatted with Peter Maas who is responsible for market research and online retailing. Interestingly, Peter too was wondering what prevented Amazon from unveiling the long-prophesied Kindle reader during their presentations (so we shared the disappointment). For iRex, Amazon & co. are not necessarily competitors. In fact, Peter told me, as long as we are dwelling in a niche market, it only helps when new players enter the market (to spread the word, to raise awareness). He also mentioned that iRex is going to step further into retail business, with the first stores in Holland likely to carry iLiad devices soon ("you must be able touch it before you buy it"). I agree one hundred percent.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG2421.JPG
Views:	828
Size:	352.5 KB
ID:	6199   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG2422.JPG
Views:	734
Size:	333.1 KB
ID:	6200   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG2423.JPG
Views:	724
Size:	352.9 KB
ID:	6201  
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 04:27 PM   #2
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Glad you finally got to see what we've been enjoying for the past year, Alex.

You want one now, don't you?
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2007, 04:29 PM   #3
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
The head of business development digital media od Amazon UK just said: "all rumours and speculation" when asked about the kindle and amazon as major ebook retailer.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 04:42 PM   #4
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B. View Post
Glad you finally got to see what we've been enjoying for the past year, Alex.

You want one now, don't you?
The tease...
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 09:16 PM   #5
Studio717
Addict
Studio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enough

Device: Various Kindles, iPhone, iPad, Galaxy 10.1
Oh, I am sooo wanting one of these!
Studio717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-13-2007, 10:47 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Go on, Alex, you KNOW you want one
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 12:04 PM   #7
DeGodefroi
Zealot
DeGodefroi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite (had Illiad)
Come to the dark siiiiide Alexander.
Feeeeel the luuuuuurre...feeeel the temptation.
Dooo not resisssssst it! Buuuy an Iliad!
Come to uuuusssssss. :-)
DeGodefroi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 09:53 PM   #8
Goshzilla
Zealot
Goshzilla has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Goshzilla has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Goshzilla has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Goshzilla has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Rocket Ebook 1150
Okay this is what I was dreaming of, well it isn't 100 percent everything I would love in a "Info Pad," but it is so close to the ideal that I am strongly considering saving the money to purchase one of these.
Goshzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 12:48 AM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
For me, I'd wait till the next gen device. I want one with a 10" screen.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote