Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-09-2011, 02:29 AM   #1
bob5146
Enthusiast
bob5146 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
down load e-book

Hi Everyone, hope somone can help, I havent added a book for nearly 12months onto my Kobo , in that time I have a new computer with Windows 7, I have managed to put all the new updates on to Kobo , but how do I download a book from say Kobo book store onto my Kobo ???????????????? i have forgotten what to do and what do I need? can some one go thru it step by step?? Thanks Anne
bob5146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 09:13 AM   #2
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob5146 View Post
Hi Everyone, hope somone can help, I havent added a book for nearly 12months onto my Kobo , in that time I have a new computer with Windows 7, I have managed to put all the new updates on to Kobo , but how do I download a book from say Kobo book store onto my Kobo ???????????????? i have forgotten what to do and what do I need? can some one go thru it step by step?? Thanks Anne
You can drag and drop or you can use your Kobo desktop software. Adobe digital editions for copy protected books. Or you can down load calibre from here

http://calibre-ebook.com/download

It will manage all ebooks and does a decent job. Oh

good luck

regards

Jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-09-2011, 11:13 AM   #3
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Make sure that the books you purchased from Kobo that you want on your new device are in "I'm Reading". You can move them there by bookmarking them in the purchased section. I don't know what version of the desktop you are running, if the older one, you should be offered the new desktop when you choose something like "update your library". If not, you can download the new desktop from Kobo.

After that, it is just a matter of attaching your Kobo (I am assuming, if 12 months old it is Kobo 1) and choosing sync to get the purchased books onto the reader.

The Kobo 1 user guide can be accessed from the pick menu here: http://kobobooks.com/wifi_support . It has both the WiFi guides and the Kobo 1 guides.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 12:56 AM   #4
bob5146
Enthusiast

Update

Thanks now got the Desktop version 2 but nothing on there that says UPDATE MY LIBRARY, just as a trial I clicked on one of the FREE books then on the vidio you have to update library it is supposed to be on left of screen but not on mine must be doin something wrong . Anne
Old 07-10-2011, 01:03 AM   #5
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
With Desktop V2 at the top right there is a SYNC button. This will sync the Desktop with your account on Kobobooks.

When you connect your Kobo the third icon on the left hand side will turn white; 1st icon is your library; 2nd icon is the shopping cart; 3rd icon is the Kobo.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-10-2011, 01:49 AM   #6
bob5146
Enthusiast

Smile update

Thanks Peter must have done something right as they are now on the Kobo ereader , yes got those icons on the top left as you mention, these should have been mentioned in the set up dont you think ? Thanks Again.
Old 07-10-2011, 02:31 AM   #7
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I think the problem is that the guide and instructions you had were for version 1 of Desktop; not the new V2.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 03:41 AM   #8
bob5146
Enthusiast

Probibly your right, Thanks again
Old 07-10-2011, 10:54 AM   #9
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob5146 View Post
Probibly your right, Thanks again
Glade your getting there. How u likeing things so far?

regards

jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 08:23 PM   #10
bob5146
Enthusiast

Smile

Thanks Jack yes getting there, all of a sudden it all went ok.
Thanks anne