Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

View Poll Results: eReader color should ideally be...
White 7 7.78%
Shiny Silver 9 10.00%
Graphite Gray 31 34.44%
Black 33 36.67%
Other (Pink, Purple, Chartreuse, etc.) 29 32.22%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-06-2011, 02:21 PM   #1
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
eReader Color?

It's time for another utterly silly poll!

* Note that this is about the color of your eReader device (i.e., the plastic that surrounds the screen and holds the guts in) and NOT about color eReaders (i.e., the Nook Color). Confusing!

Last edited by anamardoll; 07-06-2011 at 02:27 PM.
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 02:24 PM   #2
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I like white best, with a close second on the graphite gray stuff that the Kindles use.
Advert
Old 07-06-2011, 03:30 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Slate Blue
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 03:31 PM   #4
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Graphite Grey
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 05:34 PM   #5
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
I get custom skins or silicon cases for all my electronic pocketable gadgets. Currently my Dell Streak and Sony PRS-350 sport skins with lightning against a red sky, and my Sansa Fuze is in red silicon and the pair of pop up speakers in my belt pack is also red.

I might be a little CDO.
Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-06-2011, 05:55 PM   #6
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phogg View Post
I get custom skins or silicon cases for all my electronic pocketable gadgets. Currently my Dell Streak and Sony PRS-350 sport skins with lightning against a red sky, and my Sansa Fuze is in red silicon and the pair of pop up speakers in my belt pack is also red.

I might be a little CDO.
Bah. I'll see your OCD and raise it -- I can't keep a custom skin on my devices because either the skin doesn't line up PERFECTLY on the application, OR the bits of the cover that aren't covered by the skin drive me nuts until I pull the skin off.
Old 07-06-2011, 06:03 PM   #7
OtterBooks
Wizard
OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4, iPad Mini/Retina
coffee brown imo.
OtterBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 06:13 PM   #8
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtterBooks View Post
coffee brown imo.
Oooh, that'd be my choice, too. Which reader has that?
Old 07-06-2011, 06:39 PM   #9
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anamardoll View Post
Bah. I'll see your OCD and raise it -- I can't keep a custom skin on my devices because either the skin doesn't line up PERFECTLY on the application, OR the bits of the cover that aren't covered by the skin drive me nuts until I pull the skin off.
Maybe we will get true patterned Harry Potter ereaders in October.

I would like to get Kimmy one if so because I want to preserve the PRS-505 as a classic. I think those will be worth something in good condition fifteen or twenty years from now.
Old 07-06-2011, 07:24 PM   #10
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phogg View Post
Maybe we will get true patterned Harry Potter ereaders in October.

I would like to get Kimmy one if so because I want to preserve the PRS-505 as a classic. I think those will be worth something in good condition fifteen or twenty years from now.
Really? Usually electronics don't do well as vintage antiques. If for no other reason than because the batteries do drain out and by then no one makes them anymore. And the guts of most devices are pretty notoriously not Built To Last. (For various reasons, both good and bad.)

At least that's my understanding.
Old 07-06-2011, 07:32 PM   #11
amward
Wizard
amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Eco Eclipse, Sony PRS 350 (pink), Ipod Touch, Kindle Touch
I love my white eco eclipse but I will soon be picking up a pink Sony. I have only seen this on line so I hope I like it.
amward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 07:42 PM   #12
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness

Quote:
Originally Posted by anamardoll View Post
Really? Usually electronics don't do well as vintage antiques. If for no other reason than because the batteries do drain out and by then no one makes them anymore. And the guts of most devices are pretty notoriously not Built To Last. (For various reasons, both good and bad.)

At least that's my understanding.
Depends. Often batteries can be replaced with a compatable.
look at what a B&L turntable from the early 80s runs now. Or a functioning pinball machine from the late 70s

The trick of course is in correctly detirmining which devices generate the fond nastalgia to be a classic, kepping them functional, and of course living fifteen or twenty more years.

None of those is guaranteed, but the 505 is built to a standard of durability no longer found. Kind of like heavy steel cars from the forties. Its worth preserving just to have it, and to date it isn't even scratched.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:50 PM   #13
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
snazzy orange ;D
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 10:30 PM   #14
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
I like the dark blue of my 505, but other than that I'd like black.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 12:34 AM   #15
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Purple of course. I got a Decal Girl purple plasma skin for my 950 - shiny silver is much too bright.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote