Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers

Notices

Old 07-04-2011, 03:29 PM   #1
tonyas
tonyas began at the beginning.

Device: e-book reader a121
I can not download to my e-reader - help please!

I have just bought this e-reader for £37 on eBay with a free leather case. I can download music OK but not books. I just keep getting the same message from microsoft that it can not find file to download book. I am becoming verrrrrry frustrated. : help please:

I don't know the brand it was advertised as
Black 7inch 4GB 480*800 Pixels screen ebook reader A121

Description :

7 inch ebook reader
Audio player,Radio player,Bookmark function,Calendar function

*Display Type: powered by cPAPER technology
*7 inch 480*800 Pixels TFT screen
*support video format:AVI,FLV,WAV,WMA,RM,RMVB
*Support Music format: MP3,WMA,FLAC,AAC,OGG,APE
*Replay setting: once, single repeat, all one time, all repeat, audition
*Play setting: order, shuffle
*Audio: normal, Microsoft Audio,%2osition:bottom%7sic, Bass, Jazz
*Recording function
*Image view: support image format JPG, BMP, image to enlarge, image narrow
*Image rotation: support 0, 90, 180, 270 degree rotation
*Browsing history feature
*TXT text: support ANSI/UNICODE coding.
*FB2 text: support ANSI/UTF-8 coding
*HTML text: support ANSI/UTF-8 coding
*PDB text: support palm DOC format
*PDF text: support PDF version 1.3/1.4/1.5
*EPUB text: support OCF specification
*Bookmark function
*Browsing mode.: support manual mode and auto mode
*Auto flip function: support 10 sec, 30 sec, 50 sec, 80 sec, 100 sec and 120 sec
*Font Enlarging function
*Menu language: Simplified Chinese, English and traditional Chinese, English, Spanish/Japanese, Portuguese French South Korea/German, Dutch Italian, Malay, Turkish, Indonesia
*Support date and time
*Calendar function
*Auto shutdown time: support 3 min,5 min, 10 min, 15 min, 20 min and Auto shutdown off
*System restore function
*SNR: equal or more than 90dB
*Support software update
*TF card: build-in 4GB storage, support TF card external.(Max 16GB)
*The longest playing time: Audio 18 hours, video 6~7 hours
*Electronic book reading: about 12 hours, 3500 pages.
*Accessories: manual, charger
*Charger Specification: input AC100~240V 50/60Hz output: DC5.0~5.5V 500mA~1500mA
*interface Specification USB2.0(High Speed)
*Built-in Lithium battery(3.7V,2000mAh)

Sorry for length but that’s it. I must say it looks a well-made bit of kit, its reasonably heavy & of course has the nice free leather case. It has more memory than my 8-year-old PC.

Hope someone can suggest a solution.

Regards Tony
tonyas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 04:57 PM   #2
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
I found the ad on eBay.... Looks like a Chinese Kindle knockoff, but with an LCD screen.

The ad says that a manual is included. What does it say about how ebooks are transferred? I assume you are trying to transfer via USB from your PC?

Also, what kind of file (format) are you trying to transfer to it? I would guess that a DRMd file will not open on this device.

Last edited by pidgeon92; 07-04-2011 at 04:59 PM.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2011, 05:00 PM   #3
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
In most cases, ebooks are "sideloaded" from your computer via a USB cable. Sometimes they have to go in a particular folder. The most likely formats to display well are ePub and FB2. Most ebook readers that support ePub use Adobe Digital Editions software and support Adobe DRM (encryption), but I doubt the A121 does this. My guess is it uses DRM-free only ebook reading software. This means that you need to strip the DRM, if any, before loading onto the A121 - see Apprentice Alf's Blog for more info.

I suggest starting with an ePub from the Patricia Clark Memorial Library. These are all DRM-free. Copy one via USB to the A121 and try reading it.

Were you trying to download an ePub from a store that sells Adobe ePubs? To do this you need Adobe Digital Editions on your PC/Mac and you should register it (to get an AdobeID) before downloading any ebooks. These are encrypted and most likely you will need to strip the DRM after downloading to your PC.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote