Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-04-2011, 10:57 AM   #1
baronrus
Addict
baronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with others

Device: KO, KW, and KT
What fonts have you uploaded

Interested to know now that we have unlimited font choices what everyones favorite is?

I flip flop between delima and febridge
baronrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 10:59 AM   #2
rahulm
Zealot
rahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: None
I like Gentium on my PRS505 (using PRS+).

So I'd probably try that one, I like it.
rahulm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2011, 11:07 AM   #3
Psyke
Evangelist
Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wi-Fi - Kobo Touch - GNex - N7
I prefer Delima and Felbridge myself, but installed a couple of others like Book Antiqua, Bookman Old Style, and even found myself Caecilla, which the kindle uses.
Psyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 11:33 AM   #4
Suzanna
Living in the past
Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Arc
I've been using Felbridge since the firmware update.
Suzanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 12:42 PM   #5
baronrus
Addict
baronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with others

Device: KO, KW, and KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyke View Post
I prefer Delima and Felbridge myself, but installed a couple of others like Book Antiqua, Bookman Old Style, and even found myself Caecilla, which the kindle uses.
where did you find caecilla
baronrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2011, 03:11 PM   #6
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulm View Post
I like Gentium on my PRS505 (using PRS+).

So I'd probably try that one, I like it.
Thanks for the reference. I'm using Gentium Book Basic Bold. Very clean and crisp.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 03:25 PM   #7
Psyke
Evangelist
Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baronrus View Post
where did you find caecilla
I picked it up here: http://www.fontyukle.net/en/CaeciliaLTStd-Roman.ttf
Old 07-04-2011, 06:08 PM   #8
MorganM
Fanatic
MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2o
How the heck do I get fonts on to my Kobo wifi?
MorganM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 06:12 PM   #9
jswinden
Nameless Being

I've added the following fonts:
  • Arial Black
  • Arial Rounded MT Bold
  • Lexia DaMa
  • Segoi UI Bold

My current favorite is the Segoi UI Bold, but I'm always searching for that perfect font.

My only complaint so far about the Kobo Touch is that the fonts used by the system to populate screens and menus are way too thin/light and difficult to read. Being able to easily change fonts for ePubs is a great blessing though and now I can read the way I should have been able to on my Sony 350! (Gee I wonder how long before I get a comment from JSWolf on that statement? )

I'm really impressed by the design of the Kobo and the support from their staff to improve the firmware the way we want them to. Hey they listen to their customers, and in the eReader industry that is nearly unheard of! The firmware definitely needs some tweaks here and there, but I'm confident they will get it sorted out before long.

Last edited by jswinden; 07-04-2011 at 06:23 PM.
Old 07-04-2011, 06:22 PM   #10
Psyke
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorganM View Post
How the heck do I get fonts on to my Kobo wifi?
Unfortunately at this point and time, it's not possible. Dunno if it's in their plans or not.
Old 07-04-2011, 06:35 PM   #11
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
  • Arial Black
  • Arial Rounded MT Bold
  • Lexia DaMa
  • Segoi UI Bold

My current favorite is the Segoi UI Bold, but I'm always searching for that perfect font.

My only complaint so far about the Kobo Touch is that the fonts used by the system to populate screens and menus are way too thin/light and difficult to read. Being able to easily change fonts for ePubs is a great blessing though and now I can read the way I should have been able to on my Sony 350! (Gee I wonder how long before I get a comment from JSWolf on that statement? )

I'm really impressed by the design of the Kobo and the support from their staff to improve the firmware the way we want them to. Hey they listen to their customers, and in the eReader industry that is nearly unheard of! The firmware definitely needs some tweaks here and there, but I'm confident they will get it sorted out before long.
Welcome to the family!!!
Old 07-04-2011, 07:27 PM   #12
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
  • Arial Black
  • Arial Rounded MT Bold
  • Lexia DaMa
  • Segoi UI Bold
Lots of good finds in this thread! Just tried Lexia DaMa Bold, now it's my favorite. Sorry Gentrium Book Basic Bold. Guess I'm fickle with fonts.
Old 07-05-2011, 01:45 PM   #13
IamARobot
Enthusiast
IamARobot has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.IamARobot has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.IamARobot has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Just tried Lexia DaMa Bold
I just spent a half and hour reading with the font and me likes it very much.
IamARobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 02:09 PM   #14
thepossum
Zealot
thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kobo
I find that Liberation Sans is very readable. There is also a Liberation Serif, plus Liberation Mono for the few times you actually need a monospaced font.
thepossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 06:11 PM   #15
know-one
Connoisseur
know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kOBO
I've actually kept the one by default - there are two fonts (I think Avenir and Verdonna - the later being the default - but I'm too lazy to go check). I got used to the default one and asides from pdf - which you can marvelously switch sides and magnify (Kobo is so fantastic!) - I stuck with default.
know-one is offline   Reply With Quote