Notices

Old 06-30-2011, 07:45 PM   #1
suzanneskifirst
Suzanneski
suzanneskifirst began at the beginning.

Device: none
epub to kindle TOC

Hello,

I have an epub created in indesign. The book file consists of seperate files for each chapter. When I publish to epub, indesign creats the TOC. Looks fine in Adobe reader.

I just took a book file and used the Kindle plug in and chose Create TOC. I got this warning. "The table of contents is empty and so it was not added to the converted file. Please check the TOC style that you have used and try again."

The Kindle file is acceptable. But no TOC as in an epub.

Is is possible to create a TOC from seperate files with the kindle plug in? If so, how?

Thanks,

Suzanneski
suzanneskifirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 09:25 PM   #2
wannabee
Media Bloke
wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iOS
I haven't played with the kindle plug in. I've been converting the epubs to mobi in Calibre which seems to be OK. You need to edit the OPF file inside the package first because indesign doesn't finish off the epub to the extent that it will validate.
wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote