Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 06-26-2011, 02:43 PM   #1
smarties86
smarties86 began at the beginning.

Device: Calibre
ideas for calibre features

Hello,
I'm not sure if this is the right place for this post but I saw the word "request" so here it goes...

I've been using Calibre for about 2 years now, and I can't believe my good luck for coming across it in the first place - thank you Dr Goyal

I have 2 ideas - I have no idea if it's already implemented, and I'm just too ignorant to be aware of it...

1) when adding books, I know the software checks if there is any duplicate books - but what it checks is just the title and not the title and author combo. I have 2000+ stored and quite a few of them have the same title, but not the same author. I don't know what the logistics involved in making it check for BOTH title and author for duplicates, but if that was available, I'd make good use of it!!!

2) related to the first, I have a lot of multiple entries in my library of 2000+. It's always time-consuming when trying to consolidate them. If it was possible to filter out only the books with multiple entries, that would save a lot of time for me (like how iTunes can show duplicate songs...)

anyways, that's it - thx
smarties86
smarties86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 03:25 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
This might interest you: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=131017
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-26-2011, 04:52 PM   #3
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by smarties86 View Post
1) when adding books, I know the software checks if there is any duplicate books - but what it checks is just the title and not the title and author combo. I have 2000+ stored and quite a few of them have the same title, but not the same author. I don't know what the logistics involved in making it check for BOTH title and author for duplicates, but if that was available, I'd make good use of it!!!
Kovid pointed you to the Find Duplicates Plugin. It will find existing duplicates. You can also turn on the AutoMerge option in Add Books. It checks author and title when adding books and merges them before they become duplicates.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 10:23 AM   #4
smarties86
smarties86 began at the beginning.

Device: Calibre
ahhh so it's been already applied - thank you both for pointing me to the right direction!!

happy Canada day!!
-from Canada~
smarties86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
requests