Notices

Old 06-10-2011, 01:43 AM   #1
JPS
Enthusiast
JPS doesn't litterJPS doesn't litter

Device: iPad II
Different font sizes in an Ebook !?!

Hi !

One of the ebooks (in Epub format) I downloaded lately contains 129 pages and I read it up to page 29 !

The problem is that the text on page 30 appears in a much smaller font than onthe previous pages... (so small that I can't read what's written !). The following pages are back to a "normal" size !

What's the problem ? What can I do to get all the text appearing at the same font size ? I tried to read it from within Calibre and all the pages have the same font size... How come ?

Heeeeelp !

J-P.
JPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2011, 02:00 AM   #2
aktarian
aktarian could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.aktarian could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.aktarian could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.aktarian could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.aktarian could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.aktarian could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.aktarian could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.aktarian could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.aktarian could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.aktarian could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.aktarian could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Prestigio PER3162b
Have you tried zoom? By the look of it it's second button from right. I found such discrepancies in books that were not originally ePub but converted to it.
aktarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 02:05 AM   #3
JPS
Enthusiast

Thanks for the idea !

I did try to zoom in, but it doesn't work: it goes to the next page (which shows a "normal" size font !)

J-P.
Old 06-10-2011, 02:43 AM   #4
Adjust
Addict
Adjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel is

Device: ADE, iPad
Maybe that page is an image?
Adjust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 06:59 AM   #5
JPS
Enthusiast

Naaan ! When I read it thru Calibre, that page does appear like a text, with the font just the same size as the rest !

J-P.
Advert
Old 06-10-2011, 11:18 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone 5
The only way to know what's going on is to look inside the ePub. You'll need to look at the XML for the page with the too small text and see if it is an image. If not, you'll them also have to look at the CSS that will mostly likely need fixing.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 04:03 AM   #7
shall1028
Groupie
shall1028 can bend spoons with a thought.shall1028 can bend spoons with a thought.shall1028 can bend spoons with a thought.shall1028 can bend spoons with a thought.shall1028 can bend spoons with a thought.shall1028 can bend spoons with a thought.shall1028 can bend spoons with a thought.shall1028 can bend spoons with a thought.shall1028 can bend spoons with a thought.shall1028 can bend spoons with a thought.shall1028 can bend spoons with a thought.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPS View Post
What's the problem ? What can I do to get all the text appearing at the same font size ? I tried to read it from within Calibre and all the pages have the same font size... How come ?
Well, with only the screen shots and your text to go on I am going guess that it is bad mojo. Have you been making the appropriate propitiations to the ePub gods?

Of course if you could post the ePub here for us to poke around "under the hood" we might be able to come up with a more satisfactory diagnosis. I still like the bad mojo angle though.
shall1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 04:31 AM   #8
JPS
Enthusiast

Thanks guys for the tips...

Meanwhile the problem has been solved by some guy on another forum, to whom I sent the file and he "cured" it !

J-P.
Old 06-22-2011, 11:14 PM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone 5
If you had attached the file here, you'd have had your answer sooner.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 01:16 AM   #10
Adjust
Addict
Adjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel is

Device: ADE, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPS View Post
Thanks guys for the tips...

Meanwhile the problem has been solved by some guy on another forum, to whom I sent the file and he "cured" it !

J-P.
Any chance on giving back to the community by letting us know what the solution to the problem was?
Adjust is offline   Reply With Quote