Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 05-14-2011, 11:34 AM   #1
obsessed2
Edge User

Questions Reagrding Full Size Edge

I received my son's (wish it were mine) Full size Edge and it is in excellent shape.

I have a couple of questions for current EE owners. First, the hinge makes a clicking sound when rotated and the tablet side of the hinge doesn't seem to move as freely as the Pocket Edge, is this normal.

Second, the EE has Ermine installed but I am not seeing the Power Options under Settings like I do with the my PE and I don't have the option to force hibernation when powering it down like the PE. Am I missing something? Closing the lid does cause the EE to hibernate and I am happy to report it has come out every time so far, Woo Hoo.

All in all my first impressions are is this is a nice device, especially for eye challenged people like myself. Much easier to read on compared to the PE.

Last edited by obsessed2; 05-14-2011 at 12:57 PM.

Old 05-14-2011, 12:04 PM   #2
Michealj
Edge User

Hi Obsessed2, my EE makes no noise when opening and closing. There is a click that I hear at the 90 degree point when changing its positions from front to back, etc. You will have to install the power widget to force "hibernation" or stdby.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Micheal

Advert
Old 05-14-2011, 12:11 PM   #3
glen
Edge User

Mine occasionally makes a creaking noise when I put it back to back.

Old 05-14-2011, 12:32 PM   #4
sjarrel
Edge User

I have no special sounds with the hinge.
For hibernation: add the Screen Lock to the homescreen and just tap it.

Old 05-14-2011, 12:41 PM   #5
obsessed2
Edge User

Thanks for the responses. Next question, should the trackball light go out and the power indicator blink (like the PE) when the EE is hibernating because it is not doing either. Sorry for all the questions but I'm trying to sort out all the small details.

Last edited by obsessed2; 05-14-2011 at 12:55 PM.

Advert
Old 05-14-2011, 01:20 PM   #6
sjarrel
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessed2 View Post
Thanks for the responses. Next question, should the trackball light go out and the power indicator blink (like the PE) when the EE is hibernating because it is not doing either. Sorry for all the questions but I'm trying to sort out all the small details.
When hibernating the blue trackballlight is on and so is the green powerlight. That's only blinking when charging. Next question.... (You had a lot of answers yourself, so now it's your turn for questions. For most of the members it' s the other way around)

Old 05-14-2011, 01:39 PM   #7
obsessed2
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjarrel View Post
When hibernating the blue trackballlight is on and so is the green powerlight. That's only blinking when charging. Next question.... (You had a lot of answers yourself, so now it's your turn for questions. For most of the members it' s the other way around)
Its nice to know that forum members are so quick to respond. I wanted to make sure I know the normal indications. Thanks for your help.