Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 05-13-2011, 02:14 PM   #1
amartyn57
Edge User

Help!!!

Earlier this week i was able to open books perfectly fine and now when i try to open them it says that the books are owned by another user. i havent changed my adobe information and i need these books opened for finals whats going on? someone please help!

Old 05-13-2011, 02:18 PM   #2
cheyennedonna
Edge User

Where are the books from?
Have you ever been able to open them on the edge?
And did you use the same Adobe ID info on the site you bought them from?

Advert
Old 05-13-2011, 02:23 PM   #3
amartyn57
Edge User

yes iv been able to open them before i got them from the edge store and i used all the same info iv never had this problem before

Old 05-13-2011, 02:25 PM   #4
cheyennedonna
Edge User

If they were textbooks the license time was limited. If you are sure they have not expired try to redownload. If that does not help call tech support

Old 05-13-2011, 02:27 PM   #5
amartyn57
Edge User

i figured it out...somehow my edge unregistered itself...thank you for replying so quick though

Advert
Old 05-13-2011, 02:30 PM   #6
NiaTrue
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by amartyn57 View Post
i figured it out...somehow my edge unregistered itself...thank you for replying so quick though
Finally! Someone who experienced the same problem as me. I'm sorry to hear this happened to you but a bit glad to know I'm not the only one. My problem resolved itself recently--thanks to the elimination of the "transfer to new owner" option. Yours should resolve itself after your latest re-registration, too.

Old 05-13-2011, 02:30 PM   #7
cheyennedonna
Edge User

You are welcome. Beware the 6 device Adobe limit. I ran into that yesterday. Although, luckily, it was solved quickly with an online chat.

Old 05-13-2011, 06:30 PM   #8
Filark
Edge User

I had to reregister as well, which I did through the Store app.

You will not know you've been unregistered unless you try to run the Store or have a problem similar to amartyn's, but there was a server reset or something (cookie history deleted, change of ISP for enTourage???) not long ago that required most, if not all, eDGes to reregister. As Donna points out, this could cause Adobe issues (in my case it didn't, although I must be near my limit).

The good news is, you only need to reregister once.

Old 05-15-2011, 08:00 PM   #9
NiaTrue
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filark View Post
The good news is, you only need to reregister once.
Actually, I was re-registering daily for three, four weeks, but now that the "transfer to new owner" option is gone, my problem is fixed.

Old 05-15-2011, 11:09 PM   #10
Filark
Edge User

Ack! I'm glad it's fixed, NiaTrue! What a pain to have to reregister all the time. Do you know how/why that change fixed things for you??