Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 05-09-2011, 02:53 PM   #1
borisb
Edge User

Post Transferring an eDGe to a new owner

Until recently, an eDGe was locked to the registered owner until the owner releases it for transfer via the enTourage website's My Account.

This is no longer necessary.

If you get an eDGe from someone else, simply run the Registration wizard to assign it to yourself (Settings - eDGe Settings - Register).

If you're giving your eDGe to someone, I recommend you do a "golden update" (search "Ermine" on the enTourage support website) on it to do a full factory erase & reset, which also wipes out your registration info.

Old 05-10-2011, 02:18 PM   #2
larka2006
Edge User

Boris, how did you discover this? This can only mean that Entourage is completely exiting the market, as no new devices are being produced and soon only ones left on the market will be used/resold ones... They obviously do not want to be bothered with re-registration (my request for it took about 3 weeks in April)...

Advert
Old 05-10-2011, 02:21 PM   #3
borisb
Edge User

I contacted Tech Support to ask why the "Make Transferrable" option had disappeared. All they changed is the fact that the "owner" doesn't have to consent to someone else trying to register their eDGe. Either way, an enTourage server is still required to "register" the device (although the Adobe registration is separate and works against the Adobe server, not enTourage's).

Old 05-10-2011, 03:04 PM   #4
obsessed2
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisb View Post
All they changed is the fact that the "owner" doesn't have to consent to someone else trying to register their eDGe...
This is a good thing for all potential EE and PE owners. Plus, Entourage should still be able to determine who the original owner was when it comes to warranty service. I doubt they would extend any remaining warranty to subsequent owners.