Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 05-04-2011, 05:14 PM   #1
larka2006
Edge User

Entourage servers on-off, but new users still can upgrade to Ermine BETA!

I am a new owner of 2 PE and just ordered EE... This all through the month of April while noticing on this forum that company is folding... Sad. I got used PE first and explored it for a few weeks. It does what I need and some. Since it was used I contacted tech support for de-regestering, and got it fixed yesterday (after 3 weeks!). Meanwhile I bought another new PE at Amazon for 200$ and just was able to register it and upgrade to Ermine last night (and the night before it couldn't connect to Entourage server). I haven't upgraded old one yet. Now I cannot get to site, forums etc. from PC or from either device this morning. I was able to get to my section this morning and saw 1 device registered on account and participating in BETA and after about 10 am CT NOTHING!. I actually posted this on MobileReads forum too. Are we moving there if company closes all servers??? I hope I can register all my devices and upgrade to Ermine before everything has vanished... I like setting devices and try new soft and after that extra ones will go to others in my family. LOL

Old 05-05-2011, 06:16 AM   #2
zato12
Edge User

larka, I did receive my full eDGe just yesterday. It came with the latest dingo OS already installed. After having previously and extensively looked at this forum discussions I decided to move straigthforward to Ermine (adventurous guy!). I did it and it went smoothly. It took something like 20 minutes.
so far so good (I'm crossing fingers)

Advert
Old 05-05-2011, 11:36 AM   #3
larka2006
Edge User

Interesting, my "used" PE have dingo 1.13 on it, but new PE came loaded with latest dingo 1.8. I have upgraded new one to Ermine - so far runs smoothly and I like that version. Still cannot sync calendar/contacts to MS exchange or Google, but will keep working on it... And I did registered "used" one on Entourage website (just haven't upgraded yet) last night and got some apps and free books from there...