Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 04-12-2011, 12:42 PM   #1
lorenzoens
Edge User

Preparing archives on the pc + formatting SD card

Hi everyone.

I have to prepare my (very big) pdf & epub archive to be used in the EE.

1. Can I prepare it on my pc (with folders & subfolders), using a SD card, and then use it within the pc?

2. Is Windows Xp fine to format the SD card before using it on EE?

Sorry if I'm opening my third thread in a few minutes, but the ones I posted are questions regarding different matters, so I think its better to post them separate.

Old 04-12-2011, 03:56 PM   #2
borisb
Edge User

The answer is yes to both.

In order to write annotations on the PDFs/EPUBs, however, you need to Add to the Library on the files. This will make a *copy* of each to a protected area in the eDGes internal storage. The Library doesn't respect folder organization, only tags.

if you don't need to write annotations, only read them, or maybe just highlight sections, then you can open them right off the SD card.

Advert
Old 04-15-2011, 12:08 PM   #3
aidren
Edge User

So, are you saying that when I take notes/annotations they are not saved to the SD card? I thought when you migrated to the SD card, that it became the home for the library.

Old 04-15-2011, 12:46 PM   #4
borisb
Edge User

The notes/annotations are saved to the Library. If the Library happens to be on the SD card, then they get saved there.

However, if you open an EPUB/PDF from the SD card outside the library, you can't annotate it (there are no annotations to be saved). You can only note/annotate PDFs/EPUBs that are in the Library.

Old 04-15-2011, 12:53 PM   #5
aidren
Edge User

Thanks Boris. You scared me a little there. Thanks for clarifying.

Advert