Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > BBeB/LRF Books

Notices

Old 09-10-2007, 05:27 PM   #1
Strether
Guru
Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1; iPad Air; iPhone 7; Kobo Libra; Kindle Oasis 3
Thoreau, Henry David: Walden, v1, 10Sep07

Thoreau's best known work. From Wikipedia: "In 1854, he published Walden, or Life in the Woods, recounting the two years, two months, and two days he had spent at Walden Pond. The book compresses that time into a single calendar year, using the passage of four seasons to symbolize human development. Part memoir and part spiritual quest, Walden at first won few admirers, but today critics regard it as a classic American book that explores natural simplicity, harmony, and beauty as models for just social and cultural conditions."

I hope I'm not duplicating someone's efforts. I didn't find this anywhere in the Harvard books.

All the emdashes added, courtesy of Jon, and I added the italics missing from the source document.

Jim

Version 2 added 31Jan2009. 320 Downloads from the previous version
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: lrf Walden.lrf (564.5 KB, 906 views)

Last edited by Strether; 01-31-2009 at 04:10 PM.
Strether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 08:44 PM   #2
Novasea
Enthusiast
Novasea doesn't litterNovasea doesn't litterNovasea doesn't litter

Device: Sony 505
Thank you....a treasure trove
Novasea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-31-2009, 04:13 PM   #3
Strether
Guru
Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1; iPad Air; iPhone 7; Kobo Libra; Kindle Oasis 3
This is a completely new version, which also includes, what I neglected to say about version one, the Essay on Civil Disobedience. In formatting, I used the Gutenberg HTML version, which was made available in the summer of 2008 but which unfortunately didn't mean as much as I'd hoped. Why you would put out a new HTML version and not italicize one of the many, many, many words, nor provide accents, in the work of an author who's so careful about the language he uses, beats the heck out of me. Italics and accents provided in this version; I think I got them all. All the tables have been turned into jpegs and look much better. I'd appreciate hearing from anyone who finds any errors.

Jim
Strether is offline   Reply With Quote