Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 04-06-2010, 06:50 PM   #1
borisb
Edge User

New Gadgets, New Problems

(retracted)

Last edited by borisb; 08-15-2010 at 06:29 PM.

Old 04-07-2010, 10:13 AM   #2
P.J.
Edge User

Boris:

I agree! The Entourage is a great little device. I initially had some reservations with it, but after using it to review a textbook I had downloaded and mark it up with the Annotator I am satisfied. I will be even more satisfied once issues like battery life and flash video are sorted out but I can wait.

Bottom line, if you are in the market for a tablet like computer (i.e. iPad) but have difficulty with eye-strain reading documents on an LCD screen, consider the Edge. If you want an e-reader that you can mark-up the documents and have more flexibility using different types of files (.doc, mp3, mp4) and other tasks (i.e. surf web, check email), consider the Edge. If size is a big factor for you, (Edge weighs 3lb), or if you're averse to being an "early-adopter", wait a bit to see what else comes down the pipeline from Entourage and other companies.

Paul

Advert
Old 04-07-2010, 11:10 AM   #3
thefuture04
Edge User

And also remember, most people don't post unless they have a problem, so there are probably a lot more happy people out there that hasn't voiced their opinions yet.

Old 04-07-2010, 01:24 PM   #4
mgm1979
Edge User

nice Boris - they should put on their marketing payroll...LMAO

...hey, did you "check the enTourage knowledge base" before posting this? (I kid, I kid)

Old 04-07-2010, 04:25 PM   #5
mgm1979
Edge User

I absolutely agree - I've done my share of "marketing" for enTourage too...I've posted it before, and I'll post it again...this is, hands down, the best 1 gen device I've ever owned, and I've owned a few in my day.

Advert
Old 04-07-2010, 04:42 PM   #6
dcubed2
Edge User

I'm trying to get a demo for a company I do business with. I've got an email from the President/Founder about a possible meeting. They are looking at the iPad, which is better eye candy. Not as useful, IMO, but very pretty and shiny. I'm going to try and sell them on the eDGe. I don't know how many they would buy, however. That is a complete unknown. But, maybe with more buzz, more people will hear about the eDGe...

Say, does anyone have a demo pfd that I can download, with links to the web, embedded mp3, etc that can show off the eDGe? I don't have anything like that and I am not tech savvy enough to be able to make one that looks good.

Old 04-07-2010, 05:25 PM   #7
dcubed2
Edge User

Done. I hope they have something ;-)

Old 04-07-2010, 06:51 PM   #8
ckole
Edge User

The whole PDF web integration is very cool. Imagine sharing a trip itinerary which shows what, when, where in the PDF but it links to relative web site. For example you are taking a trip to Europe. You could link out to all the hotels, city sites, etc, etc. I bought the Frommers Switzerland Guide and I am adding web links to places we have stayed which are not listed in the book.

Old 04-08-2010, 04:14 PM   #9
VenturingSoul
Edge User

I agree, boris. I've seen a lot of little "glitches" but still you'd have a hard time getting my eDGe away from me. I've only had it for 3 1/2 days, and already it has progressed to the 'indispensable' category. And, as I become more familiar with it, it seems that the 'glitches' happen less and less frequently. Possibly because I am learning that this isn't Windows and doesn't operate as such. As I learn the rules of the system it seems to run better.
Unfortunately, now my wife wants one!!

Old 04-16-2010, 02:02 AM   #10
guyjack
Edge User

I visit doctors frequently and they, along with everyone else who spies me using this, love it and ask lotst of questions. My doc is about to pull thd trigger and buy the White one (shows less fingerprints). They simply love that this device is so perfect for what they do!

Old 04-16-2010, 08:46 AM   #11
alefor
Edge User

As an academic physician, I am absolutely thrilled with the eDGe and even more by its potential to impact medical education. It is a superb device. I also own a laptop, a tablet PC, a kindle and an iPad. By far, I prefer the eDGe for my daily work. I have tried to offer my services to Entourage to help them in the academic medical market but so far they have not even responded to my genuine offer. Pity. I really want the eDGe to succeed in academia, especially in medicine.

Old 04-16-2010, 09:47 PM   #12
guyjack
Edge User

I have many contacts in the Albuquerque Public School system and also the University of New Mexico and I am trying to set up an affiliate relationship with enTourage, but I am having trouble with getting them to answer me about this. I will still extol the virtues of the eDGe to all, especially my contacts with the school systems, but it would be nice to formalize things with enTourage and sell them as well! That way I can afford 3.0 when it comes out! LOL

Old 04-16-2010, 10:29 PM   #13
done
Edge User

Alefor, I just sent you a PM about your offer

Old 04-17-2010, 02:12 AM   #14
alefor
Edge User

Thank you.... I replied and look forward to further discussions

Old 04-17-2010, 12:46 PM   #15
aidren
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenturingSoul View Post
And, as I become more familiar with it, it seems that the 'glitches' happen less and less frequently. Possibly because I am learning that this isn't Windows and doesn't operate as such. As I learn the rules of the system it seems to run better.
I'll second this, except I'd have to change the second line to "that this isn't Mac os x".

As in any new OS or even OS upgrades for that matter, there is a learning curve. When I can start thinking like the OS, things start improving vastly.