Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-25-2011, 01:09 AM   #1
SilentSeven
Enthusiast
SilentSeven began at the beginning.

Device: Nexus7
Bug? Error when attempting to add PDF in 0.8.2

I'm attempting to add a PDF to the library and am getting the following error.

Code:
calibre, version 0.8.2
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>WindowsError</b>:[Error 3] The system cannot find the path specified: u'c:\\users\\jeff\\appdata\\local\\temp\\calibre_0.8.2_tmp_wpjlcf\\calibre_0.8.2_oboi3y_rm_worker'

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\actions\add.py", line 294, in add_books
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\actions\add.py", line 308, in _add_books
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\add.py", line 290, in add
  File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\metadata\worker.py", line 181, in read_metadata
  File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\metadata\worker.py", line 119, in __init__
  File "site-packages\calibre\ptempfile.py", line 90, in PersistentTemporaryDirectory
  File "tempfile.py", line 318, in mkdtemp
WindowsError: [Error 3] The system cannot find the path specified: u'c:\\users\\jeff\\appdata\\local\\temp\\calibre_0.8.2_tmp_wpjlcf\\calibre_0.8.2_oboi3y_rm_worker'
Is this me or the program? I could add PDFs without error prior to the new version.

SilentSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 11:37 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Restart calibre and disable whatever software you have on your computer that is automatically deleting temp files for running programs!
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-25-2011, 01:36 PM   #3
SilentSeven
Enthusiast
SilentSeven began at the beginning.

Device: Nexus7
Thanks Kovid

A reboot of my Win7 system seems to have corrected the issue.

I did not have to suspend any packages.
SilentSeven is offline   Reply With Quote