Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 05-17-2011, 01:47 PM   #1
chmreader
chmreader began at the beginning.

Device: 6700
Question Reflective TFT Reader with touchscreen

I am looking to buy a e-book reader which has a front-lit reflective TFT (not a backlit TFT one) with a touchscreen. B/W or color will do. The Jetbook and Libre don't have touchscreens. Except the Pixel Qi screen, I cannot find any options. I found the 7" ZTE Light 2 with Pixel Qi but no one knows the release date and NI Adam is beyond my budget. Please do give me some options. I will be grateful for any help.

Last edited by chmreader; 05-17-2011 at 02:10 PM.
chmreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 07:23 PM   #2
fglaysher
Connoisseur
fglaysher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.fglaysher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.fglaysher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony Reader & Aluratek Libre Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by chmreader View Post
I am looking to buy a e-book reader which has a front-lit reflective TFT (not a backlit TFT one) with a touchscreen. B/W or color will do. The Jetbook and Libre don't have touchscreens. Except the Pixel Qi screen, I cannot find any options. I found the 7" ZTE Light 2 with Pixel Qi but no one knows the release date and NI Adam is beyond my budget. Please do give me some options. I will be grateful for any help.
Aluratek Libre Touch does in fact have a touch screen. Maybe you're talking about an earlier model. More info at

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=133015
fglaysher is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-22-2011, 07:24 PM   #3
fglaysher
Connoisseur
fglaysher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.fglaysher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.fglaysher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony Reader & Aluratek Libre Touch
Aluratek Libre Touch eBook Reader with WiFi AEBK08FB

http://aluratek.com/libre-touch-eboo...ouchscreen-lcd
fglaysher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 07:30 PM   #4
chmreader
chmreader began at the beginning.

Device: 6700
Yes, but Aluratek Libre Touch has a LCD backlit screen with a limited battery life which defeats the purpose of an E-book Reader for me. I saw a video on YouTube that Pixel Qi reflective is not quite as readable with contrast as the Kindle 3 e-ink screen. So I have dropped the Pixel Qi idea.
chmreader is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
reflective