Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 04-30-2011, 10:30 AM   #1
Ner
Ner began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge
Older golden updates, does someone have them?

A month ago I purchased a new Entourage Edge device. After the first update, the e-ink side and few android applications (including the update app) ceased to function properly. The reset and re-running the Dingo update (normal or Golden) from USB did not help, perhaps because the installation files stored on the device are corrupt and the Dingo update does not rewrite Dingo installation files. My problem had been forwarded to the tier 3 support at least four times, but they did not respond, even though the device is under warranty. May be because I don't live in U.S. So, it seems I should try to handle the trouble by myself.
My best hope to fix the problem is to try to install some non-Dingo built on the corrupt system, so it will overwrite it, but I cannot download Ermine because the update app does not function.
If someone would post a link to some older Golden update (Badger or Coyote) I would be very, very grateful. Besides, such an action can benefit the whole Entourage community.

Files can be uploaded to a file sharing server such as mediafire (

www.mediafire.com ).
Ner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 11:33 PM   #2
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Hi Ner!

Did you get your eDGe functioning again?? I saw your later post giving the golden update to Dingo 1.11, so am guessing you did. If not, and if you haven't already, check the forum at http://www.entourageedge.com/forums/forum.php. I believe other people have posted golden updates there, similar to what you posted here.

Also, as you probably know, the main web page for enTourage has been down intermittently for the last few days which might be why the Ermine update wasn't working for you.

I don't really know much myself. I agree we need to post more info here on MobileRead. Meanwhile, the bulk of the user-to-user information is on the entourageedge forum.

See you there!!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2011, 12:46 PM   #3
Ner
Ner began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge
Hi Filark,

What did not work for me was a Dingo update (automatically downloaded). I need any other golden update to rewrite the corrupt Dingo installation files stored on the device which the Dingo Golden update apparently ignores considering them already up-to-date.

So, if someone has the Badger / Coyote / Ermine Beta (unlikely) golden updates, please post a link.
Ner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 06:05 PM   #4
Filark
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Here's an old thread, with directions for a Coyote update: http://www.entourageedge.com/forums/...ghlight=golden It seems to me that the link you need is broken, but maybe there's enough info to help you.

I did a search for "golden" in http://www.entourageedge.com/forums/forum.php and came up with this and many other threads. If Borisb or someone else who really knows doesn't answer you here, you could try a similar search.

What's that they say? "The truth is out there." Just hope we can find it!
Old 05-01-2011, 06:17 PM   #5
Filark

. . . What I really hope is that enTourage Support gets back to you with a solution. Being outside the US shouldn't bar you from their help . . .
Advert