Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-29-2011, 04:44 PM   #1
firewired
firewired began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
animated busy icon when device idle (kindle 3)

Hi, I have a kindle 3 wifi 3.0.2 and often notice that the device becomes busy (the animated icon in the top left of the screen) for no apparent reason even when wifi is off and I am not doing anything. This can be noticed when i press MENU while reading a book or suddenly while viewing pdfs/pngs. The busy icon does not go away on its own and if I dont spot it quicky enough (for example if I am reading a reflowable book) the battery charge often drops by one bar. Putting kindle to sleep doesnt help. The only thing that kills the background activity is switching from pdf/image viewer to a mobi book or going from one book to another. Is this normal on a kindle 3??? I am rather concerned.
firewired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 12:25 AM   #2
kranu
I <3 my Kindle
kranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Kindle 3G + WiFi
Nope it's not normal. Contact Amazon.
kranu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2011, 01:14 AM   #3
bZkindle
Fanatic
bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: k2, k3G, kindle DXG, Sony T-1, iPad, iPhone, stone tablet
I had this exact thing with my K3. A reboot fixed it. Try that.
bZkindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 06:34 PM   #4
firewired
firewired began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
thx, I rebooted my kinde. so far so good. if I see it happen again I will contact amazon.
firewired is offline   Reply With Quote