Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-21-2011, 09:30 AM   #1
ES_PeLoS
ES_PeLoS began at the beginning.

Device: NVSBL L337 v2
Exclamation Problems when adding a new ebook

I've been using Calibre v0.7.39 for 6 months on a PC with XP, now I installed Calibre v0.7.50 on a laptop with Win7 and I copied and configured the library created from the PC, but now Calibre is freezes when I try to add a new book (0% and no progress) ...

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling with the same result, I even installed the version 0.7.39 that was on the PC with XP and I also had the same problems

Can you help?

PD. Sorry for my English
ES_PeLoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 11:00 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by ES_PeLoS View Post
I've been using Calibre v0.7.39 for 6 months on a PC with XP, now I installed Calibre v0.7.50 on a laptop with Win7 and I copied and configured the library created from the PC, but now Calibre is freezes when I try to add a new book (0% and no progress) ...

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling with the same result, I even installed the version 0.7.39 that was on the PC with XP and I also had the same problems

Can you help?

PD. Sorry for my English
I suspect the problem is that you added the Library AFTER you installed the update.

a 7.39 library (metadata.db) has evolved and may not be compatible in the fullest with a library that did not go through the (interim) 7.50 update process (this stuff happens as part of the first run of an update).

You might try un-installing 7.5 and then in install 7.39.
Validate the functioning, Then Update to 7.50 (which should now update the table structures)

AS Always, BACKUP before (and after it works )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2011, 02:12 PM   #3
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Are any of the books your adding PDF? If so try disabling the PDF metadata reader plugin.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 02:35 PM   #4
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
a 7.39 library (metadata.db) has evolved and may not be compatible in the fullest with a library that did not go through the (interim) 7.50 update process (this stuff happens as part of the first run of an update).
I have 3 different Calibre libraries, and they do not reside on the computers I execute Calibre from, they are on network storage. When I upate Calibre if something in the metadata.db needs updating will all three libraries be updated? Both computers are Windows 7 and I normally only add books to one library, the others I use a right mouse click and copy to library. I do try to make sure that when I update Calibre on one computer, I have the same version on the other.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 03:18 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Great Question

and, I don't know how that works out. (I am not a Dev.)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-23-2011, 03:21 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Yes, they will be updated. When you click copy to library, behind the scenes, calibre opens the destination library, which automatically updates it.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 04:41 PM   #7
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Thanks for the info!
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
add book, win7