Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-17-2011, 10:21 AM   #1
poldem
poldem began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
start 'fetch news' process from the command prompt

I would like to be able to get a fresh copy of selected news to my reader by email on request (I have the possibility to start a batch file from a remote location over the internet).
This would be very helpful during vacation - I do not need the news all the time, but I want to get a fresh copy when I request it.

To achieve this I need to
1. create a fresh news copy (starting an already defined job in calibre) FOUND THIS IN FORUM
2. request sending of the result to an email address.

I am intersted how to do this from the command prompt.
1. solution: ebook-convert resources\recipes\my.recipe c:\temp\my.epub

Plan B if this is not possible

Assuming that Calibre is running, how to schedule a new job (news fetch of an already defined job)
Emailing is already possible after job completition.

Last edited by poldem; 03-17-2011 at 10:43 AM.
poldem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 10:38 AM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Call ebook-convert with the name of the recipe as input filename. You can send mail using calibre-smtp.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2011, 11:35 AM   #3
poldem
poldem began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
thanks,
with your help, documentation and forum posts I have it working now !
poldem is offline   Reply With Quote