Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 03-16-2011, 01:02 PM   #1
amujee
Connoisseur
amujee has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.amujee has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.amujee has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Voyage (soon, I hope)
Red face Email from B&N

Anyone else get the email from B&N entitled "NOOK Color -- The best keeps getting better"? I got excited for nothing because I thought it was an announcement for the supposedly upcoming official Froyo firmware.
amujee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 02:09 PM   #2
Zarich
Zealot
Zarich can extract oil from cheeseZarich can extract oil from cheeseZarich can extract oil from cheeseZarich can extract oil from cheeseZarich can extract oil from cheeseZarich can extract oil from cheeseZarich can extract oil from cheeseZarich can extract oil from cheeseZarich can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi
And yet it was a bunch of magazines and stuff.. yes very sad.
Zarich is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-16-2011, 04:47 PM   #3
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Yeah, I did. What a lame email; and their magazines are still overpriced.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 07:49 AM   #4
RAH
Guru
RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Color Nook; Nook Touch
Yes, I got it and thought it was pretty lame too. I expected some kind of interesting announcement and I was disappointed. I'm thinking about getting a Color Nook but figured I'd wait till they got any new firmware in place.
RAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 08:48 AM   #5
waffleman
Enthusiast
waffleman knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'waffleman knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'waffleman knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'waffleman knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'waffleman knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'waffleman knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'waffleman knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'waffleman knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'waffleman knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'waffleman knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'waffleman knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: NookColor
Got the email as well. I also got all excited when I saw the title, thinking it was an announcement about the sofware update / ap store.

The email wasn't worth the electrons needed to generate it.
waffleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2011, 09:56 AM   #6
jswinden
Nameless Being

At least B&N isn't as bad at email solicitation as Sony. If you don't opt out, Sony will send you emails everyday (or so it seems) telling you about new book releases and other stuff. It is quite annoying, especially since I always check NO EMAILs when I register a product. Most companies honor that, but not Sony.
Old 03-18-2011, 11:11 PM   #7
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I didn't get it; but I opt-out of most promotional emails.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 10:44 PM   #8
wymore
Enthusiast
wymore began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by amujee View Post
I got excited for nothing because I thought it was an announcement for the supposedly upcoming official Froyo firmware.
Exactly what I was thinking as well. Quite disappointed.
wymore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 04:22 PM   #9
Harry001
Addict
Harry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enough

Device: palmone lifedrive+sonyreader 505+NookColor+HPTouchpad \32GB+NookSimple
jep, me too!
and the books keep raising in $$$ from month to month!

i still remerbered, when books where 9.99$ the last ken follett was 19.99$
and now there is no new book under 12.99$ - and the hard cover is available for 15.79$
like jean m. auel - the earth children 6!

keep reading
harry
Harry001 is offline   Reply With Quote