Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 03-14-2011, 06:18 AM   #1
arroba
arroba began at the beginning.

Device: irex DR800S
Crashed reader: how do you disconnect the battery?

Help please!

I tried to reset my device when it was starting to charge and crashed. Orange light dissapeared and since then no light, nothing happens in the screen, it is completely dead. After 24 hours wall charging it is still the same, the PC doesn´t recognize it with the USB... nothing at all.

I think maybe is the same that happened to Albyr, see post

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=106755

and in that case could be solved unplugging the battery. However I have opened the device (first time!) and the battery is attached with two tiny wires and that´s all. I don´t see an easy way to unplug it, and I´m not precisely what you would call a handyman...

Is there anything I am missing? What would you do? Thanks!
arroba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 09:15 AM   #2
arroba

Quote:
I don´t see an easy way to unplug it,
I saw it, no comment.

I did both, deleting global.db from the sd card and removing the battery for 1 hour, and it worked again. It seems the battery charged even when the device looked dead, strange...
Advert
Old 07-19-2011, 11:32 AM   #3
Wizard99
Wizard99 began at the beginning.

Device: Irex DR 800
Hi arroba (and others),
I've just experienced exactly the same problem with my Irex DR800S. Disconnecting the battery from the device seems to be easy, but I also can't find a way to do it without using too much force (like pulling the two wires). Do I have to remove the battery from the cover as well? Or what is the apparently easy solution?

Thanks in advance and hope this thread is not too old....
Wizard99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 05:17 AM   #4
arroba

Hi wizard99,

there is a small socket at the end of the wires... I didn´t see it at the beginning. I hope it helps! Good luck!
Old 07-21-2011, 06:08 AM   #5
Wizard99
Wizard99 began at the beginning.

Device: Irex DR 800
Hi arroba,
thanks for your reply! Yes, I also saw the socket at the end of the wires. So do I need to pull out the entire socket? Or just the wires? In my device the wires seem to be firmly fixed...but I'll try to gently remove the socket then...

Edit:
By gently pulling the wires without to much force I mananged to remove them from the socket. After one hour I connected the battery again and charged the reader for about 8 hours. Now it works again. Seems the battery had fully drained. But I'm still puzzled why the battery had to be disconnected and then reconnected beforce charging...

Last edited by Wizard99; 07-22-2011 at 06:23 AM.
Wizard99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert