Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-13-2011, 04:22 PM   #1
jnjsq2
jnjsq2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
How to move downloaded ebook from Mac to Kindle?

Hello All:

I'm new and lost in this wonderful new website.

I've been able to download books from the website to my Mac and then open the book with the Kindle for the Mac application on the Mac.

But how do I move the ebook from the Mac to the Kindle (3)?

Thanks,

jnjsq2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 04:40 PM   #2
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
The answer depends on where you're getting your e-books.

1) If you are downloading direct from Amazon, then unless you have one of the rare few non-copy-restricted books, your Kindle for Mac versions will not work on your Kindle 3 (unless you strip the DRM, which is an entirely different discussion that we can't have on these forums).

You will have to go to the Manage Your Kindle page in your Amazon account on the website and pick "Transfer via Computer" and select your Kindle 3 so that Amazon will encode a file that will work on your K3. (Alternatively, just pick "Send to" for wireless transfer if you live in an area where you won't incur charges for it.)

2) If your downloaded books come from a non-Amazon website (Smashwords, Baen, the MobileRead library right here, etc.), then all you need to do is to find wherever you downloaded the files, plug in your Kindle 3 via the USB cord, and copy the ebook files into the "documents" folder.

Hope this helps, and welcome to MobileRead!
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-13-2011, 06:01 PM   #3
jnjsq2
jnjsq2 began at the beginning.

Thanks.

Thank you, ATDrake.

That was the information I needed.

jnjsq2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 12:09 AM   #4
kranu
I <3 my Kindle
kranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Kindle 3G + WiFi
Also note that Amazon books not loaded onto the Kindle appear under "Archived Items"
kranu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 01:52 AM   #5
nwinter
Zealot
nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: sony PS-505, Iphone and about to add a Kindle DX
I plug my kindle in, then drag and drop it into the kindle. I open the kindle (on the Mac) then drag it into the document folder and that seems to work as well.

Natalie
nwinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2011, 03:58 AM   #6
hedwig
Book Worm
hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad Air, iPad Mini, iPod Touch 5
I use Calibre's send to device option.
Look here on the forums for information on downloading, installing and using Calibre (free ebook management software).
hedwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 01:13 PM   #7
lewisinnh
lewisinnh began at the beginning.

How to move downloaded ebook from Mac to Kindle?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello All:

I am also new to this site and have the same question except that I have just the plalin Kindle.

I bought an Ebook from a non-amazon site and was able to download it from the website to my Mac and then open the book with the Kindle for the Mac application on the Mac, however, I just cannot figure out to transfer it onto my Kindle.

But how do I move the ebook from the Mac to the Kindle?
lewisinnh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 06:00 PM   #8
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Connect the Kindle to your Mac via USB.

Your Mac will mount the Kindle as a hard drive.

Drag and drop your book file into the documents folder on the Kindle.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 09:20 AM   #9
KindleReader36
KindleReader36 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I know this thread is old, but I need help. I can charge my Kindle Paperwhite by connecting it to my Mac, but it won't show up. I can search for it; nothing. Please help!
KindleReader36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 01:15 PM   #10
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Use send to kindle app.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 02:04 PM   #11
jmilica
Banned
jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle KB, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by KindleReader36 View Post
I know this thread is old, but I need help. I can charge my Kindle Paperwhite by connecting it to my Mac, but it won't show up. I can search for it; nothing. Please help!
Happened to me once. Have you tried just disconnecting it and connecting with the other USB port?
jmilica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 02:05 PM   #12
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by KindleReader36 View Post
Try it on a different computer. If it mounts on a different PC/Mac, the problem is with the Mac.

Also, try a different USB cable. Could be a connector issue.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 10:46 AM   #13
hello0331
hello0331 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
i tried to move ebooks that i downloaded from a non amazon website to my kindle documents folder but when i switched on my kindle, i couldn't find it anywhere. please help???
hello0331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 02:36 PM   #14
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
Maybe the books were not in .mobi format?
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:36 PM   #15
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
You can also try restarting the mac. Sorry if too obvious!

eP
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote