Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 03-08-2011, 07:48 AM   #1
flowoeB
E-Reader Sammler
flowoeB can extract oil from cheeseflowoeB can extract oil from cheeseflowoeB can extract oil from cheeseflowoeB can extract oil from cheeseflowoeB can extract oil from cheeseflowoeB can extract oil from cheeseflowoeB can extract oil from cheeseflowoeB can extract oil from cheese

Device: plenty...
Question Calibre and iTunesMetadata.plist

Hi, I tried to find an answer for this for 3 days now but still have no clue:

I have lots of DRM free books in iTunes.

Is there a way to get Calibre to use Apples iTunesMetadata.plist with a fallback to the epub metadata and the filename guessing when importing epub files?

If not, is there any program that can overwrite the epub's metadata with the ones from itunes?

Or is there a way to get calibre to import via connecting to itunes (it shows the metadata exactly the way they should be but doesn't let me copy the books over).

Any help or information would be greatly appreciated.
flowoeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:58 AM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Moderator Notice
Moved to appropriate subforum.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2011, 04:49 PM   #3
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by flowoeB View Post
Is there a way to get Calibre to use Apples iTunesMetadata.plist with a fallback to the epub metadata and the filename guessing when importing epub files?
No, there is not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by flowoeB View Post
If not, is there any program that can overwrite the epub's metadata with the ones from itunes?
Or is there a way to get calibre to import via connecting to itunes (it shows the metadata exactly the way they should be but doesn't let me copy the books over).
I'm not aware of any, but there might be something out there. The plist format is fairly self-explanatory, a motivated programmer could write something. Python has a plist module.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 01:57 PM   #4
flowoeB
E-Reader Sammler
flowoeB can extract oil from cheeseflowoeB can extract oil from cheeseflowoeB can extract oil from cheeseflowoeB can extract oil from cheeseflowoeB can extract oil from cheeseflowoeB can extract oil from cheeseflowoeB can extract oil from cheeseflowoeB can extract oil from cheese

Device: plenty...
thank you - didn't find something so I stopped looking and started to code a little program myself that takes the Metadata, converts it to ANSI, overwrites the data in the opf and renames the files (so they even are browsable on the dr1000 without indexing - until I find out why some files interrupt the indexing and am able to fix this).
flowoeB is offline   Reply With Quote