Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-28-2011, 08:21 PM   #1
wasbubs
wasbubs began at the beginning.

Device: kobo wireless
change the wireless store?

Hi I just got a kobo wireless from waldenbooks (borders) and I was wondering if I can change the store that the device links to from borders.com to kobobooks.com? is that possible?
wasbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 09:07 PM   #2
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
I think you should be able to download the Kobo desktop from the website and convert it that way. Not sure if you'd need to factory reset the Kobo itself to get it changed over.
Realize that if you have actually bought anything via Borders you'll need to download it as an e-pub and use ADE to put it on since the Borders books won't show on your Kobo desktop.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-28-2011, 09:20 PM   #3
wasbubs
wasbubs began at the beginning.

Device: kobo wireless
thanks, I'll try that.

I just got the reader yesterday and have not bought anything from borders.com. But I did buy a book from kobobooks with a coupon I had. downloaded it to ADE and added it to my reader with calibre. I had to use calibre to get cover art. Since it didn't come with the download. is that normal? do other stored give cover images?

And is it possible to download direct to calibre? Or do I have to use ADE or the kobo software?
wasbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 07:12 AM   #4
dmacmart
Fanatic
dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Glo, Arc, H2O, iPhone, iPad 2, (husband)Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasbubs View Post
thanks, I'll try that.

I just got the reader yesterday and have not bought anything from borders.com. But I did buy a book from kobobooks with a coupon I had. downloaded it to ADE and added it to my reader with calibre. I had to use calibre to get cover art. Since it didn't come with the download. is that normal? do other stored give cover images?

And is it possible to download direct to calibre? Or do I have to use ADE or the kobo software?
To get the ePub, you must use ADE. I do this for backup purposes, even though I read kepubs for all my Kobo purchases.

The Kobo desktop software will get your purchase onto your Kobo in kepub format. Just "Update library" to get them onto your computer, then "Sync" to get them onto your Kobo (when it's connected of course).

There are slight differences between kepubs and ePubs - eg. the page number gives you # pages in chapter in kepubs, # pages in book in ePubs; ePubs have a tiny page # in the border (and usually slightly overlapping your text) which is annoying to some; page turns to get to a new chapter are slower in kepubs.

The cover often doesn't show up for me in ADE ePubs.
dmacmart is offline   Reply With Quote