Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 02-24-2011, 05:08 PM   #1
russerslick
russerslick began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
How do you determine picture sizes?

I have an ebook with the wrong picture in one of the chapters. I have acquired the correct picture, but I can't figure out how to tell what the dimensions of the pictures are that are already in Sigil, so that I can resize this image to be the same as all the others. I can't drag any images out of Sigil to the desktop and right clicking on the images in the IMAGE folder gives no options.

Any help? Thanks!

Last edited by russerslick; 02-24-2011 at 06:43 PM.
russerslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 12:29 AM   #2
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by russerslick View Post
I have an ebook with the wrong picture in one of the chapters. I have acquired the correct picture, but I can't figure out how to tell what the dimensions of the pictures are that are already in Sigil, so that I can resize this image to be the same as all the others. I can't drag any images out of Sigil to the desktop and right clicking on the images in the IMAGE folder gives no options.

Any help? Thanks!
Any way that I can think of requires you to unzip the file. I use the Calibre "tweak epub" feature to unpack the file and then double click the image in the image file. I use Faststone Viewer so that once I open any file, the rest of the files are shown in thumbnail where the size is available.

Regards - John
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2011, 06:26 AM   #3
russerslick
russerslick began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thanks for the help. Maybe the option will be in Sigil someday. I ended up just using trial and error until I matched the size in photoshop.
russerslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 08:31 AM   #4
DMSmillie
Enquiring Mind
DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kindle 3 (WiFi)
For future reference, russerslick, another route, not requiring you to install any additional software (assuming you don't already have Calibre installed):

1. Make a copy of the EPUB file and move it to a new directory.

2. Rename the file copy, changing the file extension from .epub to .zip.

3. Open the zip file, and extract all of the image files.

4. You can now examine the image files - open them in Photoshop, see what size they are, etc.

Once you're finished, and have all the info you need, you can simply delete that directory and its contents, then go back to working on the original EPUB in Sigil.
DMSmillie is offline   Reply With Quote