Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 02-15-2011, 01:56 AM   #1
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
ubook for Android

Looks like a beta version of ubook for android is out. So far its looks like it is just a port of the windows mobile version not something written for android from scratch

Download Link

The below is a forum comment from its author

Quote:
Ok,
Here it goes: The bad news is that I am so disappointed with the poor performance of the Java (Dalvik/Android) version that I am putting it aside for now.
The good? Thanks to the brilliant people behind the Android os, the NDK allowed me to port 95% of (Legacy 2010) uBook in two weeks:

It is (not too) far from finished, the fonts are the big item on my list.
Otherwise, here's the APK for you to try:

uBook Legacy for Android

It works on my (Canadian) black Pandigital (Android 1.5) and on the emulator (Android 2.2), both with good speed results.

More to come...
Attached Files
File Type: rar uBookLegacyAndroid2011r0a.rar (789.5 KB, 218 views)
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 12:55 PM   #2
CharlieBird
¿Huh?
CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HiSense A7 CC, Fire HD6, Kobo Libra2
For old times sake I downloaded and tried it last night. It used to be my favored reader—maybe it was just too late and I was too tired—but first off I couldn't figure out how to get it to open up bigger than cellphone size, and even though I was somewhat familiar with the interface it seemed labor intensive and too busy, w/too many icons.

To many too's here, but too bad! The developer at Gower Point is really responsive and helpful.

I'll stick w/CoolReader and Aldiko. MoonReader.

Thanks for the heads up tho.
d
CharlieBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert