Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-04-2011, 04:24 PM   #1
rogerperk
Connoisseur
rogerperk will become famous soon enoughrogerperk will become famous soon enoughrogerperk will become famous soon enoughrogerperk will become famous soon enoughrogerperk will become famous soon enoughrogerperk will become famous soon enough

Device: NC Rooted
TRYING to hard reset

So I'm holding down the power, + vol, and U keys to shut it down. Selecting Power Off when it comes up, and restared at least 10 times and nothing. The card is still in but I don't think that matters. But it comes right back to the rooted screen with no change.

What am I doing wrong? I want to do this all over again so I can get the Market back. Right now I can't download anything and I"ve done everything everybody and their brother suggested. This is my last step and it doesn't seem to work.
rogerperk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 04:44 PM   #2
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
There are two parts to going back to stock. System wipe and data wipe. You need to do both.

System wipe:

Power off. Power up. When the "n' appears, power down. Do this 7 more times. It will reflash. The key is to power down when the "n" appears.

Data wipe:

Hold down the power button and the "n" button. Don't do anything with the volume key. You'll be prompted to reset.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2011, 04:46 PM   #3
rogerperk
Connoisseur
rogerperk will become famous soon enoughrogerperk will become famous soon enoughrogerperk will become famous soon enoughrogerperk will become famous soon enoughrogerperk will become famous soon enoughrogerperk will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
There are two parts to going back to stock. System wipe and data wipe. You need to do both.

System wipe:

Power off. Power up. When the "n' appears, power down. Do this 7 more times. It will reflash.

Data wipe:

Hold down the power button and the "n" button. Don't do anything with the volume key. You'll be prompted to reset.
Finally got it to reset, I think the data wipe cuz I didn't do that sequence. Now I'll see what happens. System wipe does what exactly?
Old 02-04-2011, 04:47 PM   #4
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
If you plan to start from scratch you should do the system wipe. You need to flash back to clean stock ROM.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 04:50 PM   #5
rogerperk
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
If you plan to start from scratch you should do the system wipe. You need to flash back to clean stock ROM.
Good deal. Thanks.
Advert
Old 02-09-2011, 05:35 PM   #6
LaurieGator
Crazy Cat Lady
LaurieGator is a rising star in the heavensLaurieGator is a rising star in the heavensLaurieGator is a rising star in the heavensLaurieGator is a rising star in the heavensLaurieGator is a rising star in the heavensLaurieGator is a rising star in the heavensLaurieGator is a rising star in the heavensLaurieGator is a rising star in the heavensLaurieGator is a rising star in the heavensLaurieGator is a rising star in the heavensLaurieGator is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kindle 2i, Nook Color (Rooted)
Thank you! I read the instructions on the Nook Devs page and it said to press the power when you saw "Welcome to the future of reading" and it wasn't doing a darned thing. Now when I pressed the power button at the "n" it worked to get the reflash!
LaurieGator is offline   Reply With Quote