Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 01-28-2011, 07:07 PM   #1
omahawildcat
Enthusiast
omahawildcat began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
nook vs kobo

why would anyone buy a kobo over a nook?
omahawildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 09:52 PM   #2
deborahjeanne
Zealot
deborahjeanne has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.deborahjeanne has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.deborahjeanne has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.deborahjeanne has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.deborahjeanne has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Nook Color. Kobo Touch (died 2014). Kobo Glo.
Nook is not available in Canada (in theory). Kobo is lighter, and connects to Kobo store.
deborahjeanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2011, 10:40 PM   #3
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
Well a Kobo is simpler operation then a Nook is. The kobo has one button to access all of the books. So the Kobo is better for people that like simplicity in the electronic book readers while the nook is better for people that like touch screens. So it really depends on what you like in electronic book readers.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 11:37 PM   #4
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
maybe if I lived in Canada, but otherwise naw, even with the recent price drop you still get more with the nook. it has a better display, more options and features and after market goodness.

i like the kobo for a basic ereader, and would actually buy one over the kindle due to epub but not over the nook.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote