Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 01-25-2011, 04:07 AM   #1
hpstricker
hpstricker began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505, iPad
NCX-pageList: What should it do?

I wonder how I can make use of the EPUB/NCX feature "pageList", especially in iBooks on iPad: How will the display and look'n'feel of my EPUBs change in the iBooks application on the iPad when I include - as recommended in Apple's iBookStore Publishing User Guide - a pageList in the toc.ncx of my EPUBs (e.g. how is it supposed to change)?

What do I have to take care of (besides passing epubcheck) to achieve what? Especially the "achieve what" part isn't clear to me, is there a documentation, a specification, some screen shots, whatsoever?

I HAVE included a pageList in my EPUB, but it looks and behaves all the same as without it. So did I do something wrong?

Any help or hint is appreciated
Hans
hpstricker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 04:59 AM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
It could be a way to include a mapping between the ebook and the pages in some printed edition... but I'm not aware of any reader supporting it (ADE has something similar, but it uses a different proprietary extension in another file).
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2011, 05:35 AM   #3
DMSmillie
Enquiring Mind
DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kindle 3 (WiFi)
That's certainly my understanding of what the NCX <pagelist> does, and I'm also not aware of any reader that currently supports it. Since it's included in Apple's publishing guide, however, it's possible that they have plans to make use of the feature in a future version of iBooks.
DMSmillie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ipad pagelist