Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-13-2011, 11:46 AM   #1
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, 1825PT, Galaxy Tab, One X, TF700T, Aura HD, Nexus 7
Stuck Output Profile

I have the output profile set to Tablet as I don't want any of the images resized due to the fact that I use a table PC as one of my reading devices.

If I find that the images in a particular book needs adjusting when I read it on one of my other devices (PRS-600 or HTC Desire HD), I'll just chance the output profile for that book and reconvert it (the original epub is kept in a backup archive so I can always return to the original).

I just decided to convert a new book I have from PDF to epub so I can read it on my tablet PC. It's over 7mb in size as a PDF so I'd thought I'd look at the progess of the conversion as it was taking a long time. This is when I notices that it was resizing all my images in the book.

Now as I've said, I don't like to resize the images when using my tablet PC and the setting in the preferences has always be set to tablet to prevent this. So this was a bit strange so I scrolled up the job details to the top to see if it showed what output profile was selected and to my surprise it was set to "Samsung Galaxy S". I don't own a Galaxy S and have no plans on ever getting one so wouldn't ever set it to use this output profile.

I deleted the converted epub and tried it again but clicked on the output profile as Tablet. Again when I looked at the job details the output profile was again set to Galaxy S and all the images were again resized.

I then when into the preferences and changed it from Galaxy S to Tablet and saved the preferences, opened back up the preferences and double-check to make sure it was set to Tablet and I find it has reverted to the Galaxy S again.

I've uninstalled, rebooting and reinstalled Calibre but this makes no difference.

BTW, I'm using 0.7.38 on Win7 Home Premium 64bit.
ghostyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 11:54 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
see http://calibre-ebook.com/user_manual...for-conversion
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2011, 12:11 PM   #3
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've just gone through the manual as you've instructed and it didn't help.

I cannot change the output profile no matter where I select it from; either from the preferences or from the options when I try to convert a book. The preferences menu doesn't save seem to save that particular change and when changeing the profile during the conversion, looking at the progress log still shows it as the Galaxy S even though I selected Tablet.

It is stuck on the Galaxy S as an output profile no matter what I do.
Old 01-13-2011, 12:17 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That sounds like a bug, open a ticket for it and I will take a look when I have a moment.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 12:32 PM   #5
ghostyjack
Guru

Ticket #8303 is now created for this.
Advert