Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 01-02-2011, 01:21 PM   #1
Jaklyn
Jaklyn began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Question Books from Kobo desktop app to Nook ereader

Hi everyone,

I just got a Nook for Christmas, and I love it! I've been able to get some books from the Barnes and Noble's Store (I am in Canada but sometimes I use my cousin's US address) and I was able to but the ebooks that I had on my laptop onto my Nook. The only problem is the books that I got from the Kobo desktop app. I downloaded a few of the free books to read, but I cannot figure out how to put those books onto my Nook. I tried to search how to do it, but nothing really seems to explain it. I've heard people talk of "side-loading" through Adobe Digital Editions (which I do have on my computer) and that makes sense to me. How to move books from the library to the Nook. I just don't know how to get books into My Library on ADE. Where do I find the downloaded books on my computer? Help!?!
Please and Thank you!!!
Jaklyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 05:13 PM   #2
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
The books in the Kobo Desktop app are in a special format which can only be transferred to a Kobo reader.

To use your Kobo books on the Nook, you'll have to download the ePub/PDF versions (not all Kobo books have them) and sideload them using ADE, just like library books.

Just login to the Kobo website and under your "Library" next to each book you have that you paid for or added when it was a freebie, you should see a blue "Download Adobe DRM ePub/PDF" button. Click that to download the .acsm pointer file which you then open using ADE to download the real book to sideload onto your Nook.

ADE keeps the downloaded files in Documents/Digital Editions (possibly My Documents on Windows), by the way.

Hope this helps, and welcome to MobileRead!
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
canada, kobo book, nook