Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-30-2010, 02:35 PM   #1
havenw
havenw began at the beginning.

Device: none
Is there a way to make a collection in the kindle sort by series #?

So I've put some books from a series in a collection on my kindle.

No matter how I sort them they won't sort by series #.

Initially this wasn't a problem because sorting by author put them in order (because if the author is the same for all of them it sorts by time stamp next or at least it seems like the kindle does that).

I had to delete and re-add one because calibre's formatting wasn't how I wanted it (forgot to click get rid of lines and indent paragraphs instead). Well now that book is out of order. I could just delete them all and re-add them in order but I don't want to do that if I don't have to.

I'd like to learn how to do this the right way so that if I delete a book in the middle of a series I won't have to delete them all again to get them back in the proper order?

any suggestions?
havenw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 02:56 PM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
If you use Calibre and the new plugboards feature, you can get what you need.

Check out Kindle and Calibre Plugboards.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2010, 03:11 PM   #3
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod 4G, PB 360, Sony 600 sold, Kindle 2i sold
At the simplest you could just rename the book file to something like series_01_title and the next one series_02_title

I don't have that many books in a series so that is probably how I'd do it OR if you have the info plugged into Calibre already, you can get Calibre to save books with a file naming convention that you choose.
TheKindleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 03:40 PM   #4
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post

Sweet!!
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 03:44 PM   #5
havenw
havenw began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post

Thanks. I'll check this out.
havenw is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert