|05-23-2007, 03:44 AM||#1|
Join Date: Dec 2006
Device: Coolreader(Nexus 5)\Coolreader(Nook Touch)
BookSorter v4.0 sort ebooks by folders/Authors/genre etc
A new version of booksorter by vadi has been released
Here are some key features of "BookSorter":
* .NET2 compliant.
* First name first (FNF) and last name first (LNF) for authors.
* Copy, move or simply rename the files.
* Multiple input directories and primary output. Option to copy to secondary directories with specified options.
* Author auto-correction (through a db with more than 5K entries).
* Sub-directories: first letter, author, genres, series.
* Prefixes/suffixes for series, title, version, type… like (v1.0).
* Uppercase, Lowercase, Title Case as well as the first letter uppercase for author, title and series.
* Pre-substitutions: define what to change/remove BEFORE processing. Example, remove "(Ellora)".
* Search inside rar/zip archives in order to determine the book type(s).
* Spaces or underscores. It replaces double spaces with singe as well.
* Visuals: several themes.
* Logs operations into a db.
* Choose fonts for various parts of the GUI
|05-10-2013, 10:41 AM||#2|
Join Date: Apr 2013
Device: nook simple touch
I have Booksorter 4, hoping to categorise a folder full of subfolders of authors, to create folders by genre.
I have set up input folder, output folder in Booksorter, but am baffled by the Genre screen - any entry except blank under search removes all screen entries!
The Vadi instructions are terse and no help at all!
Can anyone help an elderly newbie?
|01-01-2017, 12:30 PM||#3|
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Campbell River, BC.
I understand this is an old thread, however this old thread just turned me on to booksorter, and after some head scratching, I got it to work, and thought I'd pass on my findings.
The biggest problem I had - was trying to run it on a 64 bit computer.
It just won't go. The Sqllite dll was for 32 bit.
Moved everything over (portable HD) to my 32 bit machine, doing a trial on a small folder of a format I don't usually use, and I'm amazed.
This takes so much work out of cataloging.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|PRS-505 Getting Authors to sort by last name using Calibre's metadata plugboard.||ligelowbee||Sony Reader||5||10-14-2010 01:06 PM|
|Suggestion: User created sub-folders for Tags, Authors, Etc.||Daemon||Calibre||0||08-23-2010 01:47 AM|
|Sort authors by last name||LightHouse Lady||Calibre||21||08-10-2010 06:32 AM|
|Using Genre to sort books when saving to device or disk||jjchico||Calibre||2||07-07-2010 01:27 PM|
|505: Is is possible to sort the book by FILENAME? Or to use FOLDERS? I get crazy||drmaniac||Sony Reader||6||10-18-2008 02:07 PM|