Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-08-2010, 01:18 PM   #1
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
Calibre library corrupted - slightly freaked out!

I say slightly because I do have my Calibre library backed up to a external hard drive and use Sugar Synch so I technically haven't lost any of the books. However, I have to figure out why this message is coming up. When I first opened up Calibre, no problem. I imported a book just like I normally do. Closed it and went to fix dinner.

Came back later, opened it up and got the corrupt message. I am stumped. I have been searching and found a couple of threads regarding this, so I will try and figure this out later. I am sure it has something to do with the metadata file - just have to restore if possible. I am somewhat technically savvy but don't profess to be any type of programming guru.

The upside to this is that all my data is available, just have to figure out how to get it back into Calibre without having to do each book one at a time, given my library is over 5000 books. It makes me gag just thinking about it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
chilady1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 01:24 PM   #2
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
There is a "restore database" function. It should add most of your information, but not plugboard info, and such.

It works
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-08-2010, 03:09 PM   #3
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
There is a "restore database" function. It should add most of your information, but not plugboard info, and such.

It works
Thanks Sweetpea, can you provide more direction on where the restore function is and how to use it.

By the way, I always wanted to tell you that I absolutely love your avatars. I like that you change them periodically. They make me laugh and smile.
Old 12-08-2010, 06:59 PM   #4
chilady1
I devour books!

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I am trying the restore function and it is not working. This is what I am doing:

1. Opening up command window
2. Changing directory to the Calibre library
3. Typing in the following: calibreb restore_database "--really-do-it"

NOTHING!

I am getting back below:

'calibreb.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by chilady1; 12-08-2010 at 07:02 PM. Reason: Figured it out - it's db
Old 12-08-2010, 07:00 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
its

calibredb

not

calibreb
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-08-2010, 07:07 PM   #6
chilady1
I devour books!

Thanks Kovid, for the record, I am still slightly freaking out right now. Praying the restore does it's magic. THanks! I still love Calibre
Old 12-08-2010, 08:56 PM   #7
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
doesn't sugar sync have a restore file option I use dropbox if the metadata gets corrupted I can just ask it to restore to a previous version
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote