Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 12-01-2010, 03:03 AM   #1
mmread
Enthusiast
mmread has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: none
Setting Calibre on my PC

Now that I have figured out how to download .wma to my Fuze, it's time to figure out how to download to my Libre Pro. I've got to wait til Cmas to open it but I figured I can download a couple of books on my SD card so I can start using it after I open it.

I just downloaded Calibre. In the wizard, I am to choose my ereader. I don't see Aluratek but I do see Ectaco. Do I pick Ectaco or do I just stay with Default? (For now I picked Default) If I do have to pick Ectaco, how do I change my settings. I was going to uninstall and reinstall but I figured I'd ask here first.

I did add the 2 free .pub ebooks into Calibre and stopped right there for the night.

Funny story:
I picked 2 free .pub ebooks from Barnes & Nobles. I practically had a fit when I had to enter my credit card when setting up an acount for 2 free ebooks. When I picked "download", 7 books popped up in my B&N library. I started to shout profanity words because I thought I purchased 7 books. Some how I picked up 5 free books and 2 sample books. It looks like they were all free. (It better be free because I was just practicing) I did not want to practice on a Library book because I can only get a max of 4 out. I've already downloaded 2 abooks and received notification of a 3rd ready to download. My digital library shows me that I'm next in line for my 4th abook.

Another question, if its free, is it DRM-free?
mmread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 11:29 AM   #2
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
I never noticed that there is an option to re-run the start wizard.
You get to the "Run Welcome Wizard" option by clicking on the
down arrow in the "Preferences" tab at the top of the page.

The Libre Pro uses the same display as the Jetbooks and has similar
software support for the ebook formats with the regular Jetbook.
So I would suggest that you use the "Jetbook" selection not the
"Jetbook Mini" selection.

It is a good thing if the "sample" download uses the same DRM and
format as you will have on the purchased book. I haven't noticed
DRM being applied to free books as a general rule. But to answer
your question; you can have DRM on a "free" e-book, there is no
rule or technical reason against it.

There are earlier threads with some ideas on what you can do
to prepare for your Jetbook/libre and for when it first arrives.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert