Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Flea Market

Notices

Old 11-26-2010, 08:43 PM   #1
savoirfaire
savoirfaire began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Kindle DX (first gen) + WaterField sleeve

Hi, I have been meaning to sell my Kindle DX for over a year now, but stupidly put it off until the value has diminished significantly! I bought this planning to use it for reading medical texts and journal articles, but the lack of a good zoom/magnify feature for pdfs made it impractical for articles with a lot of tables. I have been using Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine on it and that has been working well. However, I think it is time to make the switch to an iPad.

All of the original packaging and cables are included. Also included is a Waterfield Designs sleeve made of ballistic nylon and with a built-in anti-impact shield to protect the screen. I am asking $260 including insured shipping within the US. Willing to consider trade + cash for an iPad or partial trade (given appropriate feedback) for Apple Store, Target, Amazon or Starbucks giftcards.

Thanks to everyone for the stimulating discussion. Went ahead and sold the above on ebay.

Last edited by savoirfaire; 12-27-2010 at 09:46 AM. Reason: Added photos
savoirfaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 06:31 AM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
NOTE TO ALL MEMBERS:

Please read the STICKY, which is directed toward ALL careful Members of MobileRead.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2010, 05:24 PM   #3
savoirfaire

feel free to contact me with any offers, of course
Old 11-30-2010, 07:01 PM   #4
savoirfaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepsi View Post
meh... No thanks. :r
I appreciate the constructive feedback.
Old 12-05-2010, 06:58 PM   #5
BenjaminJames
Enthusiast
BenjaminJames for a long time would go to bed early.BenjaminJames for a long time would go to bed early.BenjaminJames for a long time would go to bed early.BenjaminJames for a long time would go to bed early.BenjaminJames for a long time would go to bed early.BenjaminJames for a long time would go to bed early.BenjaminJames for a long time would go to bed early.BenjaminJames for a long time would go to bed early.BenjaminJames for a long time would go to bed early.BenjaminJames for a long time would go to bed early.BenjaminJames for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Sony 505 (2nd one), had a Cool-er but broke it, Dell Streak
please excuse this post
BenjaminJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2010, 11:18 PM   #6
savoirfaire

This is still available.
Old 12-19-2010, 06:37 AM   #7
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJust View Post
In a couple of months there would be the release of the New Kindle DX for $180.
Where have you heard about a new DX?
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 09:25 AM   #8
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
I'm asking because I've been thinking about picking up the DXG, but if something new is coming out soon I'll hold out. This is the first I've heard of a new DX.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 11:02 AM   #9
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinandgreek View Post
I'm asking because I've been thinking about picking up the DXG, but if something new is coming out soon I'll hold out. This is the first I've heard of a new DX.
Same here... but in reality there is always new around the corner
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote