Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 11-24-2010, 02:53 PM   #1
Durf
Durf began at the beginning.

Device: none
E Ink Ereader with web browser?

I am looking for an E Ink Ereader with a decent web browser and wifi. It seems that there is only lcd ones. I know you can Rook the Nook but i was wondering if there was something else?
Durf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 04:00 PM   #2
Durf
Durf began at the beginning.

Device: none
I should add, one that is not kindle. I want to be able to get books from the library as well.
Durf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2010, 04:36 PM   #3
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durf View Post
I am looking for an E Ink Ereader with a decent web browser and wifi. It seems that there is only lcd ones. I know you can Rook the Nook but i was wondering if there was something else?
The regular Nook firmware does include a browser. You do not need to root the Nook to get a browser.
Nook browser (regular and root) will only work with Wifi, not 3G.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 05:56 PM   #4
dorino
I'm odd. Take note.
dorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-books

Device: deceased PRS-600, Nook STR
The PRS-950 offers a web browser, iirc. As does it's father, the PRS-900.

The nook's the most affordable one with native epub support.
dorino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 06:50 PM   #5
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
Onyx Boox 60 its Bebook Neo relative have an excellent webkit based browser
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2010, 01:49 AM   #6
meem
A Reader who can think..!
meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi - Kindle DX (B004)
is it supports Right to Left (RTL) languages ?
meem is offline   Reply With Quote