Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-17-2010, 09:25 AM   #1
poco06
poco06 might easily be mistaken for a Texanpoco06 might easily be mistaken for a Texanpoco06 might easily be mistaken for a Texanpoco06 might easily be mistaken for a Texanpoco06 might easily be mistaken for a Texanpoco06 might easily be mistaken for a Texanpoco06 might easily be mistaken for a Texanpoco06 might easily be mistaken for a Texanpoco06 might easily be mistaken for a Texanpoco06 might easily be mistaken for a Texanpoco06 might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: PRS600
Common tags for multiple librairies

Hello,

I'm using multiple librairies within Calibre and I would like to know if it is possible to declare common tags available for all librairies. Today, each time I create a new librairy, I have to recreate all needed tags, even if they have already benn created in another librairy.

Thanks for your support
poco06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 10:14 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
since tags are associated with books, I don't know what you mean by declare common tags?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2010, 10:18 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by poco06 View Post
Hello,

I'm using multiple librairies within Calibre and I would like to know if it is possible to declare common tags available for all librairies. Today, each time I create a new librairy, I have to recreate all needed tags, even if they have already benn created in another librairy.

Thanks for your support
A Wild Guess. (Tested, it works)

Create a dummy Book (empty book), Edit the metadata (fill in Title and Autho so you remember.
Now use the Tag Editor tool, to add (control A selects All, then click the arrow) All the Tags you want available on your other library.
Save.

now select the book, and right click, select copytolibrary (libraryname) . Do Not Delete in either location. This is your tag Master

Last edited by theducks; 11-17-2010 at 10:23 AM. Reason: tested
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 01:10 AM   #4
poco06
poco06 might easily be mistaken for a Texanpoco06 might easily be mistaken for a Texanpoco06 might easily be mistaken for a Texanpoco06 might easily be mistaken for a Texanpoco06 might easily be mistaken for a Texanpoco06 might easily be mistaken for a Texanpoco06 might easily be mistaken for a Texanpoco06 might easily be mistaken for a Texanpoco06 might easily be mistaken for a Texanpoco06 might easily be mistaken for a Texanpoco06 might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: PRS600
Thank "theducks", I think this is a good idea. I will test it as soon as I have some time.
poco06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 01:30 AM   #5
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
On the topic of 'common tags' - one thing I think might be nice would be to allow a user to create a simple list of what they consider common tags to be used in conjunction with downloading social metadata. I have a love/hate relationship with the tags from the Social metadata downloads - I love getting the tags automatically set, but I hate the plethora of garbage one-off tags that get downloaded.

If I could filter the garbage down to a set of tags I approve of I would find the social metadata feature a lot more pleasant....
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2010, 01:51 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
feel free to open a ticket requesting the feature, or even better send me a patch for it.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tag