Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 11-15-2010, 11:34 AM   #1
Snufkin
Snufkin can extract oil from cheeseSnufkin can extract oil from cheeseSnufkin can extract oil from cheeseSnufkin can extract oil from cheeseSnufkin can extract oil from cheeseSnufkin can extract oil from cheeseSnufkin can extract oil from cheeseSnufkin can extract oil from cheese

Device: broken PB360 :(
No menu texts on PB360?

What is wrong with my PB 360? Well yes, it has a broken screen, but I still used it to read (flip it upside down to read the other half of the page). Now it takes quite a long time to boot up and when it's up and running the menus look normal (pictures etc) but there is no text under the pictures, and the library shows the book or folder image but no title of the books. ?!? The books seem to open normally (in most cases, sometimes it gives an error - pic with a cross, but the error text is not visible) and when the book is open the text in the book works ok. (it's a bit difficult to find the book you're looking for though...)

Can this have something to do with the broken screen (broken substrate) or is it something else?
Don't have it here now, so can't post pics... sorry.

I have done multiple resets (button under battery cover) but I guess it needs more action. What's the next step, or do I bin it or sell it for parts
Snufkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 12:43 PM   #2
Snufkin
Snufkin can extract oil from cheeseSnufkin can extract oil from cheeseSnufkin can extract oil from cheeseSnufkin can extract oil from cheeseSnufkin can extract oil from cheeseSnufkin can extract oil from cheeseSnufkin can extract oil from cheeseSnufkin can extract oil from cheese

Device: broken PB360 :(
did a factory reset, result said
0 dirty blocks, 7 bad blocks
does not sound good. Menu texts re-appeared, but now it keeps crashing left, right and center.

Is all hope over? Perhaps I can use it to prop up a wobbly chair?
Snufkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert