Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-02-2007, 10:30 AM   #1
Fugubot
Connoisseur
Fugubot is clearly one to watchFugubot is clearly one to watchFugubot is clearly one to watchFugubot is clearly one to watchFugubot is clearly one to watchFugubot is clearly one to watchFugubot is clearly one to watchFugubot is clearly one to watchFugubot is clearly one to watchFugubot is clearly one to watchFugubot is clearly one to watch

Device: Sony Reader
Is Sony Running a Viral Marketing Campaign for the Reader?

Okay, I've found two blogs with nearly identical stories about how "Howard Morgan" turned them on to the Sony Reader. Is this part of Sony's campaign to sell the Reader?

(Why can't they just make some of the changes loyal users have requested and get some press for fixing some of the devices flaws? NATCH - any word on a firmware update with updated features? Its like Sony wants to coast on its mixed reviews. Sigh.)

Here are excerpts and links:

http://mikecane.wordpress.com/2007/0...aining-ground/
MIKE CANE:

I love new toys. It had been a while (at least two weeks) since my last one. I was sitting next to Howard Morgan at a meeting catching up and he asked me if I had gotten a Sony Reader (PRS-500) yet. Both of us are voracious readers and travelers – picture me lugging at least three books with me wherever I go.

Howard said the Sony Reader had changed his reading life. I bought one online that afternoon (Sony uses Intershop software for their ecommerce – man – I’d forgotten they still existed.)
---------------------------
http://www.feld.com/blog/archives/002304.html
BRAD FELD:

I love new toys. It had been a while (at least two weeks) since my last one. I was sitting next to Howard Morgan at a meeting catching up and he asked me if I had gotten a Sony Reader (PRS-500) yet. Both of us are voracious readers and travelers – picture me lugging at least three books with me wherever I go.

Howard said the Sony Reader had changed his reading life. I bought one online that afternoon (Sony uses Intershop software for their ecommerce – man – I’d forgotten they still existed.) I read my first book on it today – Simple Genius by David Baldacci.
----------------------

What Brad and Mike don't realize is that they are both living a Twilight Zone existence - parallel universes? Bizarro world? Oh god, their wife! They're both married to the same woman!!!!!!
Fugubot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 11:14 AM   #2
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
No, it's just one blog linking to another. The vertical line on the left of Mike Cane's post means "quote".
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-02-2007, 11:19 AM   #3
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugubot
NATCH - any word on a firmware update with updated features? Its like Sony wants to coast on its mixed reviews. Sigh.
Sorry, Fugubot, I haven't seen anything more on a next update. I'm not sure what's going on with it, but at the moment, I'd guess it's been delayed from what they looked like they were aiming for.

I haven't stopped looking, though, and if/when I do run across anything, I will, of course, report it.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 04:07 PM   #4
Fugubot
Connoisseur
Fugubot is clearly one to watchFugubot is clearly one to watchFugubot is clearly one to watchFugubot is clearly one to watchFugubot is clearly one to watchFugubot is clearly one to watchFugubot is clearly one to watchFugubot is clearly one to watchFugubot is clearly one to watchFugubot is clearly one to watchFugubot is clearly one to watch

Device: Sony Reader
Thanks.
Fugubot is offline   Reply With Quote