Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 11-12-2010, 11:20 AM   #1
cwosigns
cwosigns began at the beginning.

Device: NookColor/Droid Incredible
Nook Error & Customer Support

Hello All,

New to the forum here. I've had my nook a week and, up until today, I loved it. I subscribed to my local paper when I got my nook. It showed up daily fine until today. I logged onto bn.com and saw a message that said they were suspending newspaper subscriptions pending an update, but no ETA on that (disconcerting, since I pay to get it delivered daily).

Then, I tried to update my library and I get the error "Error Updating B&N Library: Your B&N library could not be updated at this time. Please try again later."

I called customer service, and the gentleman had me to unregister, do a factory reset, and then re-register. Now my library is completely gone, it still won't update, and they have no idea why or what to do. They said wait for a while and hopefully it will be fixed.

I'm hoping this is not what the nook experience usually is. I find it disturbing that they don't know why it's happening, and can't tell me when my newspaper will be delivered.

Anyone else having similar issues today? I searched twitter (good for answering the age-old question of "Is it just me, or is everyone boinked?") and don't see others having this issue.
cwosigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 11:36 AM   #2
fungal
fungal began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Same error for me

I am having the same issue with my library. I get the error you quoted on my Nook, and my iPad won't update but there's not an error message on the iPad. I have not called customer support yet but am about to do so.
fungal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2010, 11:38 AM   #3
cwosigns

Mine just fixed itself, but it didn't remember where I left off in the books I was reading. And whatever newspaper "update" that is supposed to make it worththe inconvenience is completely transparent--it looks just like yesterday's newspaper.

I'm within my return window. I'll wait and see if this is indicative of the nook experience. I hope it's not.

Last edited by cwosigns; 11-12-2010 at 11:38 AM. Reason: spelling error
Old 11-12-2010, 11:45 AM   #4
fungal
fungal began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Yeah, mine just fixed as well, both nook & iPad.

This is not the normal experience I have had to date. I have been using the nook since Feb and both the iPad & nook since May on almost a daily basis. This is the first time since May that I've had issues downloading/syncing. One time around March, when the nook was still new and on an earlier firmware version, I had to call customer support and do a factory reset. I don't remember the error message I had at the time.

One thing that you & I may have in common is that I just started a trial newspaper subscription....which I have never had before. Like you I am still in the "trial" period. I wonder if the newspaper subscription was part of the problem?
fungal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 12:02 PM   #5
cwosigns

Not sure, but my newspaper is not letting me read the Metro section. It bounces me back to the My Library screen. I really hate dealing with technical support, so I'll probably let it slide and see if tomorrow's paper is fixed.
Advert