Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-04-2010, 11:27 AM   #1
Psyke
Evangelist
Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wi-Fi - Kobo Touch - GNex - N7
Error message at top of a new chapter...

Hey Folks,

Am reading "The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo" and actually have had two issues.. at the end of each chapter, when I hit next, it just hangs there until I hit next again, and then it will skip two pages. No matter how long I wait, it won't proceed until I hit it the second time and will always skip two pages.

The other issue with this particular book is that I just hit chapter 9, and at the top of the page I have a grey box that says "This page contains the following errors: error on line 196 at column 65: Opening and ending tag has a mismatch. Below is a rendering of the page up to the first error"

The text for that page is offset downwards on the page and it cuts off the text, and every other page, there's an offset of an inch (the size of the grey box on every page after, and it cuts off the text for each page. Once I get to chapter 10, all's good..

Anyone experience this?? I've checked the book on pc with the kobo app and I don't see any problems with it... didn't have a chance to try to sync the book with the app as I was heading out the door.

cheers!

Steph S.
Psyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 11:56 AM   #2
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyke View Post
Hey Folks,

Am reading "The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo" and actually have had two issues.. at the end of each chapter, when I hit next, it just hangs there until I hit next again, and then it will skip two pages. No matter how long I wait, it won't proceed until I hit it the second time and will always skip two pages.

The other issue with this particular book is that I just hit chapter 9, and at the top of the page I have a grey box that says "This page contains the following errors: error on line 196 at column 65: Opening and ending tag has a mismatch. Below is a rendering of the page up to the first error"

The text for that page is offset downwards on the page and it cuts off the text, and every other page, there's an offset of an inch (the size of the grey box on every page after, and it cuts off the text for each page. Once I get to chapter 10, all's good..

Anyone experience this?? I've checked the book on pc with the kobo app and I don't see any problems with it... didn't have a chance to try to sync the book with the app as I was heading out the door.

cheers!

Steph S.
Actually, I did have the same problem with that book. I had to remove it from my Kobo and download it using Calibre. I think that was when I started using Calibre exclusively
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2010, 05:57 PM   #3
Psyke
Evangelist
Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wi-Fi - Kobo Touch - GNex - N7
looks like there might be an updated version of the book as I deleted it from my kobo app, then re-added it and the chapter loads fine now. Not sure why the book doesn't get updated when I hit update my library or update it wirelessly...
Psyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 07:19 PM   #4
SameerH
Product Manager
SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
We had a problem with our content validation system recently which caused a bunch of books to be published with invalid structure. We fixed it right away, just needs time for the books to get republished. If you're seeing a problem with the book, just delete it and resync. If you still have the issue, wait about a day or so (the republishing is still going, should be done in the next couple days).
SameerH is offline   Reply With Quote